• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Lockrite not fitting dana35ttb

Dantheman1540

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Trying to install a lockrite into my Dana 35ttb that already had 4.56s setup in it.

when I go to install the parts that replace the large spider gears, they fit in initially but do not sit all the way into their spots. It appears they are a tiny bit too wide and are hitting the inside of the case and not allowing them to seat all the way or spin. On top of that the two center sections barely fit inside the carrier at all. The clearance is so tight it will basically not go in without a gentle tap with a hammer.

Is it possible I have the wrong part#? The box is showing 2300-lr which is what I believe to be correct. However, I purchased this stuff used and it’s possible the guy had multiple lockrites and ended up putting the wrong one in the right box.

IMG_0803.jpeg
IMG_0804.jpeg
IMG_0806.jpeg

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
I tired to find info on the lockrite in my Bronco II with a Dana 35. Nothing on part number.

I did look on Powertrax website and they show 2310lr and 2311lr as fitting the dana35 TTB.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
Sorry... the 2311 lr seems to be for an ifs Dana 35.

Dantheman1540

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Sorry... the 2311 lr seems to be for an ifs Dana 35.
You are correct tho, it appears I have the parts of 2311 in a box labeled 2310. I bought this stuff used off a guy with what I thought had been a 1st gen explorer. The truck had long since been wrecked by the time I bought the gears and this locker off him. I’m wondering if long ago he bought 2311 on accident, then purchased 2310 and installed it in his truck. After that he tossed the 2311 bits back into the better of the two boxes which happened to have been the 2310 box.

So long story short, I ordered a 2310 and it will be here tomorrow. I did jump the gun a bit and clearanced the case a hair before I realized the side gear hubs were the wrong size. I did so because I actually called Richmond gear and spoke to a tech guy. He said “it’s uncommon but has occurred where the factory case casting is just thiqquer than normal and requires a tad bit of clearance” I went ahead and did that then he called me back to ask when the hub sizing was, thus bringing me to the conclusion above.

Dantheman1540

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Probably a good thing because I’m deathly ill with maybe the flu, not covid I tested negative for that. Anyway I’m having trouble standing up and awake so back to the couch for me.
IMG_0809.jpeg
IMG_0810.jpeg
IMG_0808.jpeg

lowspeedpursuit

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
B2300
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I agree too wide to spin is the wrong part. That said, different manufacturer, but with the Aussie XD-13527, having to file the window in the carrier and install thinner thrust washers to have enough clearance is normal in TTB installs, per their instructions.

Dantheman1540

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Just to finish this thread off, 2310-LR arrived today and installed easily after sanding down the OD of the side gears that fits into the carrier. It was just a hair too tight making the side gears unable to spin freely. It is installed now and I believe it to be working as it should.
IMG_0821.jpeg

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
jaws music begins in background.....

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals