• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. BroncLander

Ranger/Bronco with a 300 i6?

Has anyone ever put a straight 6, trans and T case into a ranger or bronco 2? Is there enough room for a radiator if that swap actually happened? I saw a truck with the 300/5 spd and T case that are on good order and the truck itself is a goner. Am I just crazy?
  2. BroncLander

Traxxas TRX4M High Trail Edition

So my credit card hates me. But I made an impulse buy today at the Hobby Shop. I even let the nice lady upsell me on a second battery. And I hadn't even had it an hour and I already ordered up the stainless steel low crawler gear set. Here's my unboxing
  3. BroncLander

So I had some mirrors and a grille and bumper for sale on Kijiji...

The coolest thing, I had a reply about the mirrors and we got to talking. The dude is building a 76 highboy, total restoration and he ended up giving me a guys number who has everything I need for years for the Bronco II. I'm new in the city I live in. Only been here a week and it looks like I...
  4. BroncLander

Your budget is $10k for an Apocalypse Vehicle

So here's the rules- you have 10 grand to spend and the apocalypse is upon us. What would you build? Why would you build it that way? I want to hear about the different functionalities and gadgets, whether you'd go full on gas guzzler or economy engine. Lexan windows or expanded steel? Build...
  5. BroncLander

Brake Fluid. The types.

Back in the day we had DOT 3. And DOT 4 was for heavy vehicles like motorhomes. DOT 3 and DOT 4 both have a tendency to absorb water from the atmosphere, so always make sure to keep the cap tightly on the bottle. If you have old brake fluid, it's probably safe to assume it's contaminated with...
  6. BroncLander

The "All Cars I Have Had List" Topic

Welcome to the "Post a list of every car/truck you've ever owned" thread! Don't worry if you don't remember them all, you can come back later and edit it in there. I'm going to try to keep mine in chronological order. I hope this is the proper subheading to post under. 1980 Ford Van 77...
  7. BroncLander

How big is the fuel tank in an 84 B2?

I suspect that this is really common- my fuel gauge is a big fat liar. When I fill it to the gas cap, it reads just over half a tank. So I have no idea how close I'm getting to empty. The farthest I've pushed it is 260km (about 150 miles). And that takes around 45 bucks to refuel. And at $1.70...
  8. BroncLander

Baofeng Radios

So I recently got a Baofeng UV-5R. While I'm not licensed to talk on it, I'm starting to get it figured out how to listen to a lot of things going on around me. What impresses me the most is the range. I'm picking up comms from over 100km away. I expect with a proper antenna on the roof I...
  9. BroncLander

The Grind Hard Plumbing 6x6 Ranger with dual rear steer.

I'm not sure if everyone has seen what these guys do, but this build will probably not fail to entertain. I tried to find the earlier video so you can start at the beginning
  10. BroncLander

Second battery and solar

So I use my BroncLander for overlanding and Ive found that using the starter battery for charging batteries and phone while I'm camping can be a bad thing if I don't remember to run the vehicle once a day. The battery in it is a tiny little thing obviously way too small for the application. So...
  11. BroncLander

Must have spare parts list?

So when it comes to the Bronco II and Ranger, there's got to be a top 5 list on everyone's mind for spare parts to carry with you. I like to carry tools, and I like to carry spare parts for the inevitable situation where it's fix it or walk out. So without much Ford experience at all, here's...
  12. BroncLander

Boondocking/Stealth Camping in a Bronco II

It's day 4 of owning this Bronco II and I've slept in it every night so far. It's a bit cramped, but so far, nobody has known I was even in it. The mirrored windows are great. There's enough room for me to stretch out if I'm at a bit of an angle, room for all my camp gear, fishing gear...
  13. BroncLander

Manual Locking Hubs and Loose Lugnuts?

I've been having to retorque my front lugnuts on the daily. The manual locking hubs are a loose fitting component that sit between the wheel and the brake rotor. Does anyone else have this issue and if so, what have you done to keep them tight? Perhaps they require an abnormal ft/lb of torque...
  14. BroncLander

Hey I bought a Bronco II (warning potty mouth in vids)

So I have been looking for a decent rig to build. Finally I found it. A rust free, solid frame, 1984 XLS Bronco II. It's got a fresh Rough Country 4" lift, new 31x10.5 mid tires and Pro Comp rims. A really decent 8/10 interior and a V6 that smokes a bit and leaks oil. Limited Slip Rear Dif. I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad