• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1996 3.0 4r44e with P0741 need advice!

Truck has 139k. Runs and drives ok. A bit slow. A bit weak. No big deal. It had a flashing O/D light soon after I got it. I did a fluid flush, filter replacement, tightened the valve body, replaced two solenoids. It went away for several hundred miles. Now the shudder is back and I get an...
  2. Rear shelf/divider for XLT model?

That's cool I wonder if it's the same for a 96... seems like it would have to be. Lemme know if you wanna sell it.
  3. What Are You Listening To???

Listening to the KMFA station right now. My truck pretty much only has had classical playing through the speakers so far, lol.
  4. Wonky speedometer (96)

The gear is definitely stock to the truck. The VSS was the original blue anodized fomoco that looked ancient. Also, I changed from a 14 to a 15 inch rim with new tires and there was somehow... zero change in the way it reads. 10 mph off before and after the wheel change. Weird huh? But also...
  5. Wonky speedometer (96)

No that's an ABS sensor.
  6. Wanted 1996 "supercab" retractable luggage/jump seat cover.

I just found out my truck is missing this optional piece, and now I really want one. Anyone holding one they never use? Thanks!
  7. Wonky speedometer (96)

Confirmed with one of those speed trap warning signs that posts your MPH - I am exactly 10 UNDER what the speedo says. Does this sound like just the speedo head? I don't wanna waste a morning and $100 if there's something else I should be looking into!
  8. Rear shelf/divider for XLT model?

Yeah that's pretty cool - I actually really like that, and now... I gotta find one!
  9. Rear shelf/divider for XLT model?

I just checked out the area where this would have mounted, and there is a massive gap there. Now I gotta find one. Damn!
  10. Rear shelf/divider for XLT model?

Wild! No I don't have this but I wish I did. I've never even seen this option before. Do all rangers in this year range have the notches?
  11. Rear shelf/divider for XLT model?

On my 1996 XLT I have what looks like a space just above the rear folding seats for a divider or shelf to slot into, complete with curved notches for something to "lock" into under the shoulder belt plastics. I haven't been able to find any information on this online. The interior is all stock...
  12. Wonky speedometer (96)

Hello - new to the forum. I've worked on a few Rangers and B's in the past but never owned one. Been a mech for about 15-20 years now, but my expertise is 50s-70s (mainly GM, sorry). I just picked up a 96 xlt in decent shape and I've had an issue with the speedometer accuracy since I drove it...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad