• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. I need help getting this bolt

Does anyone have any tips for getting the passenger side engine mount on an 89 off it’s in a really weird spot and no matter what I try I never have space to try and break it free. I got the best pictures I could I need help asap
  2. Wanted Need a driver side door for a single cab 89 with a window in it

I need a door that has a window. My window is broken and it seems cheaper to just replace the door than pay for someone to put a new window in, I’d prefer to pick the door up I’m in north central Texas but if there is a way to deliver I’m willing to pay for shipping
  3. need some advice

i am making a custom exhaust system for my 89 2.9 i'm going to make a true dual system. i need some suggestions for mufflers, i want it to sound nice but not be super loud because its a v6, i also want to include an x or h pipe. i need some recommendations on what i should include in my system...
  4. i have another question

so i have an m5od-r1 that went in an 89 ranger and the rear output seal was broken so i took it out and got a new one but it wont go in. i noticed there was another inner seal im not sure if that was part of the old seal or not can anyone tell me if i need to take this out to get the new one in...
  5. Transmission won’t go on

I’m trying to get my transmission back on my engine and it won’t go back on the engine, I know the splines are lined up it went all the way in and the slave cylinder hits the pressure plate springs but no matter how hard I push neither of them will compress so I can put the transmission the rest...
  6. This thing is stuck

I’ve tried everything I twisted it so hard the filter broke I’ve tried cutting it I’ve tried everything I can think of but nothing will get it off and it’s the last thing I need on my engine does anyone have any ideas of how to get this off?
  7. I have a question

I have an m5r1 that had what I think was synchromesh in it from the previous owners I found that Mercon atf is what should be in there so I got the new fluid but after draining the old fluid will I need to do anything special to clean it out or can I just refill It?
  8. Oil pan won’t fit

I’m putting my oil pan back on and no matter how I put the oil pan on the oil level sensor hits the oil pickup tube so I can’t put the oil pan all the way back on does anyone know what I should do?
  9. How do I get the water pump off

I have the whole assembly off I’ve tried using a big wrench to turn the bolt but I can’t get it to come loose does anyone know how I’m supposed to get this off
  10. How do I get this seal in

I have m5r1 and the rear seal broke and I took the old one out and got a new one but I can’t get it to go in The pictures are of where the old seal was and the side and back of the new one If anyone could tell me how to get it in I would appreciate it very much
  11. Crank gear doesn’t spin

I was rotating my engine to set it to tdc before I get ready to put it back together and the crank gear stopped spinning, only the crank spins so the timing chain isn’t moving, and now the crank gear moves back and forth, in the pictures I showed what happens when I try and rotate the engine...
  12. What’s wrong with this piston

All other pistons have a 2 etched in and this one is a little damaged and it can wiggle back n forth a tiny bit and none of the others can should I be concerned?
  13. Anyone know what this is

it came out the front bottom right of the block of an 89 it had a plastic cap and a spring in it I’m not sure what it is, it was never plugged into anything and I’m trying to find out if it was important
  14. Help me get crank pulley off

The pulley won’t come off I’ve used a puller and tightened it to the point where the bolts bend, I’ve tried doing what people say and put the middle bolt back in and put the puller on that I’ve tried tapping it off nothing has worked does anyone know what else I can do to get it off
  15. Crank pulley won’t come off

I got the middle bolt loosened and the puller set up but no matter how hard I turn it the pulley won’t budge does anyone know how I can get the pulley off?
  16. Help please

I have my engine torn down to the block crank and pistons, I’m trying to get the timing cover off and I need to take the crank pulley off but no matter what I try I can’t get the pulley to stop spinning when I try and loosen it, I don’t have an impact that’s strong enough and the transmission is...
  17. I need help with crank pulley bolt

I know many people have asked this but my scenario is different, my engine is out and dismantled all the way don't to the block crank and pistons, I need to take the crank pulley off so I can remove the timing cover, I can't get the crank pulley bolt loose without rotating the engine backwards...
  18. help with cooling system

i took my engine apart to replace all gaskets and clean it, while cleaning the block i checked the coolant passages and there are deposits of some type of brown gunk that has built up around the cylinders in some places there is a pile of it that fills half the passage, it didn't have any...
  19. What do I put in my transmission

I have a 89 ranger with a m5r1 and it leaned over while I was trying to put it back on and a bunch of oil leaked out the shifter hole, it just looked like brand new oil but I don't know what type so what should I put in there?
  20. need help finding transmission bolts

i have a 2.9l with a m5od i tool the transmission off to replace the flywheel off a while back and i lost the middle 2 bolts and i'm gonna be getting ready to put the transmission back on soon but i have no idea where the bolts are, i've looked everywhere online and i can't find any place that...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad