• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. tedrisch

Hot Water Bypass

anyone out there know how to do this? what to gain?
  2. tedrisch

Always wrenching

Why is it that people who love to work on their vehicles spend all of their free time and extra money doing it? Yeah, you save money by not going to the shop, but all of the extra crap you work on would go unnoticed by anyone else therefore saving money in the long run............ Just seems...
  3. tedrisch

Fuel Filter

has anyone had problems with the rear line on the filter? i have a 99 3.0 and tried to get that off with the 5/16" disconnect wrench with no luck. I took it to two small places and they couldnt do it either. ended up gettin frustrated and taking it to Firestone and paid $89 bucks...
  4. tedrisch

1999 to 1990 Spring Swap

Does anyone know if a lowering spring set will transfer from a '99 2WD coil setup to an 1990 2WD?
  5. tedrisch

ATF Change

It's time to change to ATF in my rig: 99 Ranger 2WD 3.0 How can I tell if it is a deep filter or shallow? What type of tranny is it? How to tell? What type of fluid does everyone recommend? Thinking about synthetic...... Tips on catching fluid?
  6. tedrisch

Knock Sensor

I have a '99 Ranger 3.0 FlexFuel. It knocks under freeway driving with a load applied unless I run high octane fuel. I was told that the knock sensor was probaby to blame. Has any one else replaced this? I have seen other posts regarding spark knock, but no one seems to speak too loudly about...
  7. tedrisch

Instrument Cluster Swap

I recently swapped my non-tach instrument cluster in my '99 2wd 3.0 for one from a '96 explorer 5.0 limited. I was worried that the tach waould be a little off since it was from a v-8, but it worked great. However, the temp guage and speedometer would not work at all. I opened the cluster and...
  8. tedrisch

Check Engine Light/Code Unreadable

I have a 99 Ranger 3.0 and the truck started running like crap, then the CEL came on so I took it to three different parts stores (2 autozones, and advance). All of them tried unsuccessfully to read the error code and said that the port might have a bad connection. The truck is running like it...
  9. tedrisch

Hello

My name is Ted, and i'm a therangerstation.comAHOLIC! '99 Ranger 2wd, 3.0 FlexFuel
  10. tedrisch

Installing Ball Joints

I'm getting ready to install new upper and lower ball joints on my '99 Ranger. Does anyone know if I will need to compress the spring to do this? Or can I just use a hydraulic jack to releive/add spring pressure to fit the spindle back in?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad