• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. kaytbugsdad

swaybar sizes, front and rear.

Not sure why your brackets are bending....... I'm not even using the front bolt that holds the bracket to the beam, bracket is still as straight as the day I put it on..... I'll see if I can get pics for you sometime tomorrow, Josh....
  2. kaytbugsdad

swaybar sizes, front and rear.

I know that ANY year Bronco II and Ranger rear sway bar will fit on ANY Ranger, the front sway bar is what is a little complicated...... The front brackets from the 89-92 2wd Ranger will fit, you will need to cut the little posts off flush with the beam on the 83-88 Ranger.... I have been using...
  3. kaytbugsdad

Gonna do a T5 swap soon.......

I think I have all the pieces I need to do it (89 5.0 T5, the special input shaft made specifically for a v8 T5/ 2.3 crankshaft, an 87-88 TC bellhousing and clutch fork, TC clutch, TC slave cylinder and plastic line to the master cylinder), my only question is I'm pulling a TK5 out and putting...
  4. kaytbugsdad

Turbo exhaust leak?

I've got a 87 Ranger with a 87 TC engine swapped in (all stock)....... The turbo has an exhaust leak right where the 4 bolt flange puts the two halves together. The truck spols up just fine, and goes to max boost (12-13 lbs) with no effort, either..... Is there a gasket set available for the...
  5. kaytbugsdad

And now the REAL fun begins.......

I'm out here in the wonderful state of California, and it's time to try and get the truck legal cuz the tags are about to expire........ Went in today to the referee to try and smog it, passes the actual smog test with flying colors, but fails the visual test cuz of 2 codes in the computer (82 &...
  6. kaytbugsdad

New custom emblems

Just made these from a newer ranger and 84-85 turbo coupe emblem from the front fender....... turbo coupe emblems are getting very hard to find, just happened to find these after Pick-and-pull had just set the car out.....:yahoo:
  7. kaytbugsdad

Re-did the exhaust

I had a turbo muffler put on my truck after i did the turbo swap, and didn't like the sound of it....... WAY TOO QUIET!!!! :annoyed:So today, i cut everything out from the cat back, and did 2 and a quarter inch straight pipe, exiting in front of the right rear wheel...... MUCH BETTER and more...
  8. kaytbugsdad

Gonna finally put a turbo in it!!!!

Just bought a running 87 5-speed turbo coupe...... Even drove it home!!!! :yahoo: Gonna rip the poor T-bird's heart out and make the Ranger one screamin' little truck....... Unfortunately, not many mods I can do cuz I gotta smog it (Welcome to California, please leave your balls at the front...
  9. kaytbugsdad

Not sure about the computer.........

Found a turbo motor (88 turbo coupe) complete, but noticed the computer is an LB3.... whats the difference between an LA3 and this computer???:icon_confused:
  10. kaytbugsdad

2/4 drop?

If you do the flip kit in the rear AND the flipped hangers, you will drop the rear 6-7 inches!!! C-notch time!!!! My truck is an 87 and I did mine with 2" dropped coils and the flip kit in the rear, left the hangers in the stock location......... since yours is newer, you can get the 4* camber...
  11. kaytbugsdad

2/4 drop?

I would suggest a 3/4 drop either the right way with DJM lowered I-beams in the front or you can get shorter coils and get the 3.5* camber bushings..... the rear is easily done with a DJM flip kit for the rear axle
  12. kaytbugsdad

How can I improve the ride?

The bilsteins are VERY good shocks, but also VERY stiff as well, especially on a lowered truck....... granted you are riding on what is overall a stock suspension, the shocks might be too stiff....... I'm with slammedxonair, the Doetsch shocks are gonna give a much better ride!!!!
  13. kaytbugsdad

83 Ranger wants lowered??

Yes, the 89-up beams have the adjuster on top of the beam instead of underneath it. You can get bigger degree adjuster bushings for these beams (i think there are 4 degree bushings available) versus the 2 degree bushings for the 88 on down beams.......
  14. kaytbugsdad

Misfire when its raining.......

My truck has a misfire only when I'm driving and only when it's raining outside!!! I'm not seeing any moisture under the distributor cap and everything ignition wise has been replaced (cap, rotor, wires and plugs)..... Any suggestions????:annoyed:
  15. kaytbugsdad

83 Ranger wants lowered??

You can do the front with just springs, but the camber goes way negative when you drop it any lower than 2" in the front...... I would recommend getting the 89 on up front I-beams and spindles cuz you can get the 4 degree offset bushings to correct the negative camber (83-88 beams you can only...
  16. kaytbugsdad

225/45/17 on Boyds, 17x8 rims anyone see any issues?

I have 225/45r17 and 245/45r17 tires on a set of Mustang bullitt wheels on my 87 with a 3/4 drop with no rubbing issues..... yours might rub on the inner fenders on the front with the offset a little towards the inside.......
  17. kaytbugsdad

Just curious.....

I put some '04 Mustang bullitt wheels on my truck..... anybody know of a way to make the front center caps sit flush like the rear ones do????:icon_confused:
  18. kaytbugsdad

Speedo not reading.....

Anybody ever replace the drive gear for the speedo inside a Toyo Koygo 5 speed transmission before...... speedo cable broke so I bought a new one with a new gear on the end of it, and speedo still doesn't move...... tested speedo head and it works fine....... Any good news could help..... :sad:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad