• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. New console cubbie to buy?

I've been looking for a replacement cubby hole for my 2000 explorer center console but haven't had much luck. Does anyone have any good ideas where I can find one or the part number I could search for it through a dealership?
  2. Can the cam sensor be bypassed or tricked?

I'm in the planning phase of doing a diesel swap into my 2000 explorer (small Detroit, 4bt or maybe Isuzu) and I came across a guy who was saying his AC wouldn't run in his sport trac because of the cam position sensor not sending a signal anymore. I would like to keep my AC so is there a way...
  3. Which electric fan fits the best?

I'm building an overlander 2000 explorer and am looking to convert to an electric fan. I would like one that is as near bolt in as possible to the stock radiator shroud. Mainly, I would like something OEM quality that I could find at any local part store in case mine blows out while I'm in the...
  4. Wanted Explorer console cubbie hole

Looking for the little storage cubbie hole in the front part of a 2000ish Explorer. Mine got broken and I cant seem to find one online. If you have one or know where I can get one let me know! Thank you
  5. Mixed leaf spring pack?

Hello, I'm pretty new to leaf springs and had a couple of questions. I have a 2000 explorer limited and the leaves need replaced. While I'm at it I would like to gain about 2" of lift since I'm replacing anyway but am very frugal so looking at the cheapest way to do this. I have a spare...
  6. PO 401 codes

I'm getting a PO 401 code on my '97 ranger 4.0. When I start the truck it sputters and chuggs and will hardly drive. But after I let it warm up for a few minutes it clears out and runs just fine. Last summer I replaced the egr valve, solenoid and the DPFE switch when I was having the same...
  7. Intake Spacer

Im looking for an intake spacer for my 2.9. Any good suggestions on where to find one or am i gonna have to build one?
  8. Rebuilding Tranny and T-case

Im looking at rebuilding the tranny and t-case in my 91' 4x4 ranger and was just wondering how hard is it? Should I just have a pro do it or is it something an average person can handle?
  9. Camshafts and fuel milege

I was looking at rebuilding my 2.9 and was wondering if adding a mild camshaft would harm the fuel milege at all. I know it will improve power but at what cost? Im not looking to build a racing motor I just want to have a fresh motor with some simple upgrades.
  10. Battery draining

Hello I have a 91 ranger with a 2.9 5 speed. I recently swapped the auto transfer case with a manuel t-case. After i did that every time i park the truck I have to disconnect the battery cable or the battery drains dead. Is this problem related to the t-case swap or is there another problem?
  11. 97 Ranger with terrible idle

Hello My 97 ranger w/ 4.0 sat for a week last week while i was in canada. It started up fine but then the check engine light came on and it idles really rough. It kinda chugs and struggles to stay running. But it accelerates just fine and my fuel economy hasnt been affected either. Any ideas?
  12. Auto transter case to manuel

I just bought a 91 ranger 2.9 5 speed with an autoshift transfer case. The problem is the shift motor is burned out. I have a manuel transfer case out of an earliar BII project and was wondering if I could just swap them out with a little trimming here and there. Would that work or would I...
  13. Mounting a CB

This may already been posted but I couldnt find it. I need to mount a CB in my 97 ranger but it cant really find a place where it fits well. I would like it down by the floor by the ashtray so I can hide the wires. Can anyone show me pics or tell how they've done theirs?
  14. Painting Fender Flares

I just bought my new ranger and just love it. The only problem is I hate the color of the fender flares it has. Can those be painted or will the paint just flake off. They're tan now and was thinking of painting them black.
  15. Alternator Ground?

This is a quick and maybe stupid question. How does the alternator get grounded. I just cant figure out why my alt wont charge so this is about the only thing i can think of.
  16. Single Wire Alternator

I found this topic on another website and thought I would ask. Is there any way to make a 4.0 a single wire or am I forced to used the 4-5 wire? If anyone knows how to do this it would help me alot.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad