• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Primosboy

Roof rack build

Quick and easy roof rack build. Wanted a larger rack for overlanding and i did not want it to go on the stock cross bars. I don't like how high it would have sat off the roof. Did it all for free with spare material but I priced it out at $150. Hoops are made from 3/4 emt. Light weight but...
  2. Primosboy

Another new build

Picked up a 94 Explorer for $1900 as my new daily. Setting it up for overlanding. Came with brand new 31's so I'll wear them out before going to 33's or possibly gearing down a bit and doing 35's. So far all I've done is winch "9000lb badlands", 4" rough country suspension lift, and built roof...
  3. Primosboy

High time for an update

After running the new 87 daily since May 2020 I decided to give it some attention. Painted it few months ago and gave it a 3" body lift and some new tires this week.
  4. Primosboy

87 ranger 2.9 idling REALLY high.

So I just bought this 87 that was parked and sat for two years. Changed out old gas and fuel filter and ran sea foam through it. Would only run when you pump the gas and even then ran crappy. I changed out the map and fires right up now. Idles smoothly but at 3k rpms. After it warms up it goes...
  5. Primosboy

Back to the first

Been driving an explorer around for a couple years. Did the Rubicon in it. Stock axles and gears, no lockers. Made it all the way in and out with no breakage. Fun rig but was time to get back into a Ranger, so I picked up an 87 for 500 bucks. Almost like my first truck the red 87 stx. After...
  6. Primosboy

Wheelin in Tahuya, WA

Once again it's been a little while. Moved to Washington and just now getting settled. Had a day off so I went out to Tahuya state forest. I need a copilot to help get some good pics but here's a few of what I was able to get. Btw if there's anyone living near here who wants to meetup lemme...
  7. Primosboy

88 xtra cab daily driver

So as I've said in my other post, I procured another 88 Ranger. It has become my crawler project, while my other blue 88 daily driver is receiving some luv. Here's kind what I've got soo far. new 88 project Daily driver 88 xtra cab 4x4. I removed the 4" Superlift from the grey...
  8. Primosboy

New 88 project truck.

Back in the mid 90's when I was bout 4 or 5 years old this was my now good friend's daily driver. It was a clean machine until his buddy rolled it. Cab was totaled so the father of the guy who rolled it bought it. Then sold it to the brother of the guy he brought it from. It has been through...
  9. Primosboy

Snorkel project

I know my truck isn't lifted yet but I was bored and decided to start on a snorkel. After checking out many different homemade versions I decided I wanted something different. Want it to be close to a factory style snorkel as I can. Mind you I've never attempted this before do don't laugh...
  10. Primosboy

New 88 king cab

Been too long since I posted anything. Anyways long story short, I had to say goodbye to big red and hello to Mr. blue. Bought it bout a year ago with 170,000 miles but still very clean. Had a camper shell and silver belly band. I ditched the shell, rhino'd over the two tone, painted most...
  11. Primosboy

Suspension/tire previews

So it's been a looong time since I've been on this site and I need to update. About a year and a half ago I had to say goodbye to my red 87 Ranger for reasons that are to upsetting to go into. I'm now driving an 88 king cab 4x4. Will have pics up soon. Have had it for almost a year and I'm...
  12. Primosboy

Wheelin at Prairie City

My buddy Dave just got his air lockers in the front and back done...so we had to test them out. We hit Prairie City for the day. I've got some videos but I don't know how to post them. Btw...for whoever is thinking about getting these tires...Firestone..they are EXCELLENT! They did awesome...
  13. Primosboy

Took the truck out...

Well I took the truck out a few weeks ago to Prairie City right after a nice downpour. It was like whale snot out there. Unfortunatly I went alone so I didn't have a camera-man. The truck did awesome for what little stuff there is there. Not a single problem. I did manage to get some pics...
  14. Primosboy

Does anyone besides me say it's about time??

Alrighty then..got tires today and man are they nice. Firestone destination mt's...33x12.50" r15. Got some new rims from a friend for free. The black ones I had were only 15x7's..these are 8's. I'm prolly going to paint these aswell. They only rubbed in one spot on one side..but I cut both...
  15. Primosboy

Before and now..right before tires.

Well I haven't posted any pics for a while so here's some more "driveway" pics. I know I've said this before but I hope to be getting tires before the week's over. I prolly won't do any wheeling until I get tires because these are dangerously bald. Anywhoo here's some pics. Got a headache...
  16. Primosboy

Problem solved!

Alrighty for those of you who know what I was going through with my truck..all that power loss issue and stuff..I fiiinaly got it! I was told by some on this site and by others I know to check my ground wires...well I thought I'd have to go through the whole engine and find every ground there...
  17. Primosboy

Engine missing

Okay so I'm going to reillustrate this problem. 87 Ranger 2.9 v6. Idles erratically and idles fine on and off. Misses durring idle and throughout idle speed range. While it's idling good...it will hold 3,000 rpms in nuetral for anywhere from 5 seconds,to a good couple minutes...but then it...
  18. Primosboy

finicky 2.9 v6

My 87 STX is finaly on the road,and I've discovered an issue. It has this on and off lack of power and erratic idling. It will be idling fine and all the sudden start choking like it's gunnu die. After a couple minutes it will go back to normal for anywhere from 1-10 minutes,and then it...
  19. Primosboy

Interior makover..unfinished.

Well I'm finaly getting something done on this truck. It's running like a champ and just in time cuz I'll be driving in less than a week. Yahoo! lol. Anywhoo my dad and I stripped off the old door panels and visited the craft store. We used the cardboard from the old panels as a template...
  20. Primosboy

Bolt pattern question

Okay so I can't figure out what my truck's bolt pattern is. It's more than 5 on 4.25...but less than 5 on 4.50. I can't fit this set of 5 on 4.5,15x8 black crawler steelies on my 87 Ranger STX. I cannot figure out what bolt pattern I need. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Is it like...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad