• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. manger

M5od repair manual

Anyone know where there is a good step by step to rebuild the manual trans? I suppose I can call transtar. they may have an ATSG. It's getting really difficult to shift and puked black oil with tons of brass in it. :icon_pepsi:
  2. manger

What is this called?

I'm asking about the switch in the middle of the pic. low pressure switch? temperature control switch? with 20 psi in the ac system should i get conductivity through the switch or should it be closed?:beer:
  3. manger

Gas Filter Replacement

If your filler neck cracked its a good idea to replace the gas filter. Its tricky, there was a spring barb inside the hose to pry out. Here is what a motorcraft gas filter looks like after 200,000 miles. it absorbed a lot of contaminents. I replaced it with a Fram unit that included some hair...
  4. manger

3rd gen brake light upgrade!

Okay, if you have an XLT this mod will take sacraficing cargo lights. If you have a XL without cargo lights this mod is for you. So, hit your local JY or pm me with a request and I'll send you one for some $ and get an XLT cargo light harness it looks like three bulbs and some wires. Now, cut...
  5. manger

dirty wheels

anyone guess why my front brakes are dusting so badly. I have not checked the condition of the rear drums.
  6. manger

code p1131

here's what I got so far from a 2000 Ford Mustang Workshop Manual: code 1131 see possible causes for code 1130 Possible causes: Elecrical 1. short to VPWR in harness or HO2S. 2. water in harness connector. 3. open shorted HO2S circuit 4. corrosion or poor mating terminals and wiring 5...
  7. manger

WIP 1996 Ford Ranger (Vintage)

Vintage is the theme of my truck. When it's done it will have some striking vintage throw back mods. Steel wheels painted bright red with chrome 14" trim rings and center caps.(I may favor thin steel wheels with moon style hubcaps and an actual bias-ply blackwall tires keeping up with the...
  8. manger

DIY AC recharge help please.

Anyone got any tips for recharging a 1996 with r134a?
  9. manger

attempting filler neck replacement!

Anyone who has a 1991-1997 Ford Ranger probably has a cracked gas filler neck. They split at the base near the tank. A dead giveaway is the embarassing leak upon filling up at the Kwiki-Mart. Every one I've seen in the JY is this way. so I ordered one from autoandart.com yesterday. I paid $30...
  10. manger

mysterious coolant loss!

I have flushed the coolant system, replaced the heater core, and replaced the coolant hoses and I still slowly draw coolant from the resevoir. no visual leaks that I can find, However it does smell like coolant when it's warm. The truck is a 1996 2.3 four banger with manual with air cond. and...
  11. manger

Turn signal issues

My steering wheel has to be almost exactly straight to activate the turn signal stalk. anyone have any idea whats going on here? Actually, I think it's clock spring related. Has anyone replaced a clock spring or know how to tell if its bad?:sad:
  12. manger

Sloppy Steering?

Is there anything that can wear out on the steering shaft of a 96 4x2 with power steering? a buddy said there is a rag joint but im not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I can rock the shaft pretty well before the tie rods start moving. :icon_bounceblue:
  13. manger

Fuel Leak

When I "fill Up" at the pump, The Tank/filler tube leaks a lot of gas. Anyone had this problem? anyone know a good procedure for solving this? will this trigger the CEL? ^^^^^^^That is gasoline all over the driveway^^^^^^^^ J.K.:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:
  14. manger

Explorer Sport Steering Wheel!

I installed a leather wrapped steering wheel from a 2000 explorer sport. its the thick one.
  15. manger

Heater core success!

I did the heater core replacement. I am now an official member of the heater core replacement club. I knew it was coming. There was a ton of rust trapped in the core when I bought it. Got an excellent core from the JY and installed it the same day. It was leaking at a steady drip once I removed...
  16. manger

Brake swap

will 4th gen brakes fit a third gen? Thank you in advance. :icon_bounceblue:
  17. manger

The dreaded spark plug replacement

I will testify that you do not have to remove the intake manifold to replace the plugs (2.3)! there are specially designed cradles that allow you to pull the plug wires off without having to remove anything. if someone before you left them off you could be SOL! I just replaced my worn Motorcraft...
  18. manger

cat replacement California

Anyone else having a hard time finding the right cat for their 96 2.3 in California?
  19. manger

2.3l exaust diameter

Anyone know the diameter of the exaust tubing at the Cat. Conv. on a 1996 2.3l? I'm in California and have a bad cat. it keeps pissing on my shoes. no just kiddn:icon_rofl: Really though, the smog law for OBD 2 trucks out here is rediculous. I need a cat specifically designed for replacement of...
  20. manger

02 RWD Edge swap in!

Will a 02 RWD Edge front rotor fit on a 96 RWD front steering knuckle? basically are the rotors and bearing diameters the same? Thank you in advance:beer:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad