• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 87 ranger 2.9 help

My friend has a 87 ford ranger that has had almost everything replaced for sensors and even the engine has been too, the problem is the truck wont rev up with the coolant temp sensor hooked up but when its pulled out it revs up fine and then a minute or two with it unplugged it wont run it...
  2. Keeps cranking arggg wtf

83 ranger 2.8 with auto tranny well funny thing is ive had problems with it cranking anyway like the timing too high but isnt, like it use too barely crank over and would cause batt cable too get hot hot at the solenoid but if it was jumped it was fine, well went one day too crank it and nothing...
  3. carb gasket??

well when i did my non feedback carb i got the spacer and it had a thin gasket on top and bottom thats all i used is there anouther gasket too or that it? i think i have a leak it has sputter at low rpm and a wierd idle allso ive check all my vaccum lines and seem too be good so im confused here...
  4. im sad now kicker l7 8"

I just bought a new Kicker 8" L7 and ive got a 83 ford ranger reg cab with bench seat and I dont think it will fit, does anyone have suggetions? Im thinking of selling it now ive got 185 in the thing and Id let it for 125.00 so I could get shallow mounts
  5. msd 6a?? can i do it

hello well i did my duraspark swap and carb and stuff anyways can i hook the msd 6a too my duraspark dizzy and get rid of the duraspark box?
  6. Hello im doing it!! help though?

Well got a reg cab 83 ranger 2wd and ive got a set of centerline tristars 15x4 front and 15x8 rear with 245-50-15 rear anyways suspension is stock would a djm 3002 kit front summit be the cheapest place too buy them/? there like 412.00 shipped that 3"front beams and 4" flipkit rear would it need...
  7. hehe im happy durasparky

well im a happy with my conversion i have 83 ranger 2ws auto with 2.8 and just did the duraspark and still gots the feedback carb that is being replaced with a nonfeedback soon as i get clean it up and stuff but still its getting 16mpg and was around 7.5-8 before lol not huge difference in power...
  8. Hum question on dura-msd??

well i did my duraspark swap but my friend gave me a plain msd 6a box and was wondering if that can be wired in with it?? It would help i would suppose? how would u wire it in if its possible, would it take place of the blue ford module? idk help me
  9. will it work?

75 ford f100 302 2bl will this carb work on stock 2.8?
  10. Hellllp me please

83 Ranger i just did do the duraspark and its getting spark but wont crank and run too save my life.. Well it does have the feedback carb still on it what do I need too do?? Ive plugged all the stuff on carb Im clueless what too do until i get carb and thats going too be 2weeks!!! help me...
  11. Cant Find 2150??

Well every parts store Ive called saids discont on a 79 pinto carb what is the deal does anyone on here have one for sale? Im not wanting too spend alot just too swap over the duraspark
  12. Rollpan for 83 used 94 instead

I work for a truck accessorie store and I found a rollpan for a 94 ranger and installed it on my 83 ranger its fiberglass and it actually worked just had too bend the lip on the bottom side of the tailgate for it too work
  13. Ford aerostar grille in ranger..

Well isnt the aerostar from like 89-91 have the grille that we want in our gen 1 rangers?? who here has done it and could explain what needs too be done for the swap.. please help me and some others that wanna do the swap allso
  14. got centerlines??

I just got a set of the centerline tristars 15x4 front and 15x8 rear.. anyone got same setup with photos?
  15. Tire questions on stock rearend?

Hello got a 83 ford ranger 2wd and just got me a set of centerline telstars 15x4 front and 15x8 rear and I think there a 4.50 rear spacing well my question is how wide could i go?? if i were to go with a 245-50-15 id be a about an inch in height smaller then my orginal 215-70-14 so that help...
  16. Im confused with 1gen grilles

hey i have been looking around at rangers and stuff and Ive seen some people with the grilles that looks like the explorer grille where the only have three ribs instead of the regular.. heres one im talkin about http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Ranger-V8-updated_709807.htm someone tell me...
  17. Who is good photoshoper???

Well I am wanting truck lowered 2" front 3" rear with 16" ponys how much would yall lower it? on 5 star ponys? anyone could give me idea what it look like please:yahoo:http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/4/318/4721/38294860004_medium.jpg
  18. 83 Ranger weight?????

Hello i have a 83 ranger 2wd reg cab what does these trucks weigh?? Trying too figure so I have idea with my engine swap how much Im going from 4200lbs too what??? I have no clue what the weight is
  19. Please help me wheels

I have a 2wd 1gen single cab ranger stock height has currently the 14" rims with the rings.. Well Im planning on doing a 72 corvette drivetrain into it and was wondering would the crager rims from jegs fit these ranger without lookin stupid.. I want 15x7 front and 15x10 rear anyone have the time...
  20. Clear parking and markers for 83?

do they make parking lenses for front and the markers on fenders for the 83 rangers clear?? mine is broke and I thought clear would look quite snazzzy. Someone let me know please thanks:headbang:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad