• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Great_Big_Abyss

2006 Ford F150 HVAC In-Dash Controls - Replacement Problems

This may need to go into a different sub-forum, as it's not a ranger. Not sure though. So, Here's the deal: 2006 F-150 XLT Crew. It has manual HVAC controls, with rear window defrost. I changed out the HVAC Dial unit. Here is why: - The fan speed selector works just fine. - The heat...
  2. Great_Big_Abyss

Weird intermittent starter actuation

So I have this intermittent problem with my truck that has creeped up in the last couple of days. 2006 Ranger, 4.0L SOHC, 5spd manual, 4x4, pretty much stock everything. When the engine is running, if I put my foot on the brake, the starter engages the flywheel, just as if I'm turning the key...
  3. Great_Big_Abyss

Easiest way to modify my open diff to a limited slip.

My 2006 Ranger has axle code 97: 8.8, 4.10, 28-spline. What is the easiest (read: cheapest) way to turn this into a limited slip diff? Is it possible to swap the carrier from an FX4 into the open diff of my truck? What about the carrier from the FX4 level II? What is the difference between...
  4. Great_Big_Abyss

Lets see your camping vehicles!

Well, 1) it wouldn't have the space or the comfort of the bigger camper, and 2) that jeep isn't too light. I seriously doubt the 4.0L would be able to haul both the camper and the Jeep in the mountains and still keep up with traffic. As it is, the HEMI is an admirable companion in such a...
  5. Great_Big_Abyss

Lets see your camping vehicles!

Add 'A LOT of Gas'. The Hemi drinks fuel like a Russian drinks Vodka when that rig is fully loaded! But, it is fun!
  6. Great_Big_Abyss

BFG AT vs Silent Armours?

So, it's time for new tires on my '06 Ranger Sport 4x4. I'll be going with the stock size (255/70R16). I've narrowed it down to either the: BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO for $1100 out the door or; Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armour for $1200 out the door. Now, I don't do a whole lot of...
  7. Great_Big_Abyss

Fitting 5x127 JK Wheels onto my 06 Ranger

My Dad is replacing the wheels and tires on his JK. he's offered to give them to me (they're 31's) free of charge. Question is, is it possible, and what would it take to fit his JK wheels onto my truck with a minimum of modification and cost? The JK wheels in question have a bolt pattern of...
  8. Great_Big_Abyss

2006 Ford Ranger - replace Left front Axle

EDIT: I picked up a CV axle from a wrecker's this afternoon. The one I picked up is the axle at the bottom of the picture. I need a driver's side. I'm having doubts that I do, indeed have a driver's side axle. They say that the driver's side has a 'short stub axle'. Help? I...
  9. Great_Big_Abyss

My holiday starts tomorrow.

After my last day at work today, I board a plane to fly down to New Orleans for two weeks, just in time for Mardi-Gras. My brother lives down there, so I have a place to stay. I'm so excited.
  10. Great_Big_Abyss

I'm really lucky - radiator trouble

So I had a bit of an incident yesterday while driving home. I work just outside of Winnipeg, Manitoba, in a town called Oak Bluff, while I live inside the city. So, when I drive home, to make things interesting, I take the farmers' roads. Right now they're snow covered, and in some areas...
  11. Great_Big_Abyss

Bonnaroo!!!

Has anybody on this website been to Bonnaroo? I went to Bonnaroo 2008 (drove down from Winnipeg...that's about 25hrs). Was that ever the experience of my lifetime. Probably the best festival in North America. I didn't go to 2009, because for me the lineup didn't really warrant the...
  12. Great_Big_Abyss

**Shudder** (and shiver)

So we're in the middle of one of the Prairie's infamous cold spells right now. The last few days have been about -25C to -30C (that's -15F to -22F to you Yanks!). Last night it went down to -41 with the windchill (that's -41.8F). Anyway, my point is, I hope you fellows who live in warmer...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad