• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. My truck has gremlins. Their favorite food? Starters...

Truck in question is a 92 Ranger XLT with a 2.3L and 5-speed. I bought my truck about 18 months ago. 6 months after I got it the starter it came with went out. I replaced it with one i bought off a guy doing a part out on a different ranger forum. The guy claimed it was only about 2 months old...
  2. Bleach in Gas Tank

A friend called this morning because her car wasn't running. Went to check it out and eventually determined there was bleach in the gas tank. I had to go to work so i told her not to touch anything and not to try to start it again for any reason until i did some research and got back to her...
  3. Keys Stolen, How to replace door and ignition locks?

Long story short my little brother is a junkie and a thief. He especially likes stealing prescription drugs and motor vehicles. The other day I was helping my mom with some things at her house while he wasn't there and I left my coat downstairs unattended. He came home at some point and my spare...
  4. Snap-on Inspection Camera. What to check with it?

So I'm having some sludge and oil pressure issues that I outlined in another thread. To try to get to the bottom of them without pulling the engine just yet I borrowed this awesome inspection camera from a friend: http://www1.snapon.com/23751/VideoInspectionScope/BK5500.nws So far I intend to...
  5. HOLY SLUDGE!!! Need advice...

Today I changed my oil for the second time since I bought my ranger in February. The oil was changed by my dads shop the day i bought it and I did my first oil change just under 3000 miles later. The oil that came out then didn't raise any alarms. I filled it up with Napa oil and used a Napa...
  6. Speedo reads way high after gauge swap

So I got my new cluster with a tach in the mail yesterday and swapped it out. Its from an 89 BII so it should be a direct swap into my 92 Ranger right? Well everything except the speedo is working great. But the speedo is reading anywhere from 10-40mph higher than I'm actually going. Any ideas...
  7. Starter Solenoid?

My starter has been a never ending nightmare. First I replaced the starter because it was seizing up and i had to smack it with my maglight to get it to turn over. Then the ground wire went a week or two later and left me stranded on the side of a highway 50 miles from home. Now it's not...
  8. Cluster compatibility

Just wanted to double check a cluster out of an 89 BII would be a direct plug and play swap with a 92 Ranger right?
  9. 92 Ranger died on highway. ideas?

I was driving down the highway when I noticed my temperature and oil pressure gauges started jumping around and sweeping back and forth. I started to pull off on the shoulder and the engine just shut off. Tried to restart it and just got a click from the starter which was just replaced a few...
  10. Cargo light

I have an old wallyworld fog light that survived the rollover of my Jeep laying around that I want to put inside my cap to use as a cargo light. I heard somewhere that there's an always on wire you can tap into on the towing wire harness but I'm not sure. Anybody know if this is true and if so...
  11. Rear brakes click

I have a 92 Ranger XLT with a 2.3 and 5-speed. Whenever I'm at a stop and I release the brake pedal a loud click (like when metal hits together and goes "clink") comes from the rear wheels. I've never had a vehicle that did this before. It stops and starts just fine. Is this normal? Edit: it...
  12. Lucas trans fix

I've got a bad syncro in my 5 speed. You have to fight it into first when its cold but it smooths out a little after it gets up to temp. I was thinking of adding some Lucas Trans fix to see if it helps any. Anyone have any experience with the stuff?
  13. NAPA oil change - $6

Not sure if this is national but after I heard an advertisement on the radio I went down to NAPA and got 5 quarts of oil and a filter for $6. The advertisement said it's today only. This is in Pittsburgh PA, like I said I don't know if its a national promotion but I figured I'd give you all a...
  14. 92 2.3L Starter compatibility

I'm trying to find a cheap starter for my 92 XLT 2.3L 5 speed. Like less than $50 and I'm not having any luck. I know its not a part to skimp on but I'm a broke as a joke college student and if it lasts a couple months till i have more money I'll be happy. If anyone knows of anywhere to get one...
  15. 98 Malibu Dead, How to get gas out?

My step-moms 98 chevy malibu blew a head gasket a few weeks ago right after she filled the gas tank. We decided the car was a loss and I got her into a nice 03 ranger. We're having the local guy with a tow truck that'll give you $100 for a broke down vehicle come out and take it away in the next...
  16. Cluster compatibility

I need to replace the cluster in my 92XLT with a 2.3 and a 5 speed. Found one on an 89 ranger with a 2.9 and 5 speed being parted out. Is this going to be a direct replacement? I'd rather not mess with repining the connector if i dont have to. Also if it has a tach will it work properly with my...
  17. Found some weird things under my hood

First the hard pipe comes off of the air intake behind the headlight, the flexible hose connects to the exhaust. They were disconnected when i found them.... WTF? On the drivers side wheel well a disconnected harness And this is the one that has me stumped. Some type of reservoir attached...
  18. Trouble getting into 1st and grinding

I have a 92 XLT with a 2.3 and 5 speed at 127k. Edit: its a 4x2 Not sure which transmission it has so if you guys could tell me that would be awesome. I have trouble getting into first intermittently. It seems to happen most often when the engine and tranny are cold, though it happens while...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad