• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. What 4.0 interchanges

Well I bought a 3004 Explorer, that is generally in very nice condition. Problem is , which I knew going into it , is the engine is toast. Both the ranger and explorer have a sohc 4.0. My 04 in particular , has the drive by wire . I am aware that the bellowing patterned are the same , heads...
  2. v8 swap into an 84 ranger

As the title states, I am putting an 89 h.o. 5.0 into an 84 ranger 4x4. I have a c4 already in the truck, and need to know what application has the correct 157 tooth flex plate. The truck already had a 302 , I belive it was a 1978 engine. And I do have that flex plate .Any help is...
  3. v8 swap into an 84 ranger

As the title states, I am putting an 89 h.o. 5.0 into an 84 ranger 4x4. I have a c4 already in the truck, and need to know what application has the correct 157 tooth flex plate. The truck already had a 302 , I belive it was a 1978 engine. And I do have that flex plate .Any help is...
  4. Wrecking yard find

I have been scouring our local yards , and only one has any RBV's. I had gotten a few things from this one yard, and noticed a Mazda that still had both seats in it. I called today , and was told I could have the pair for 75.00. I wasted no time driving the 30 miles one way to get them. These...
  5. 1354E to 1354m

I finally decided to do the swap , got a 1354 M from the wrecking yard for a hundred bucks with a 60 day warranty, no shifter. Went to another yard today and got the shifter from an Explorer XL w/5 speed . Man was I lucky to get the trans tunnel plate , shifter , vent to replace the push...
  6. Over heated

Well we had a but of a cold spell , and i had a weak water pump . I did not notice when I started the truck , that anything was amis.. Long story short , it got pretty hot , Got it home . Changed the pump out , and I have either a blown head gasket , or a cracked head . I think it is the...
  7. camber bushings , D35

I would like to know where people have gotten the Engles ,bushings ? This redneck town wants to rape you for air , so I figured I would try to get them from the net . Any one using these , have a link , please post . Thanks Ashley
  8. alignment

A little background 94 Ranger , STX supercab , 4.0 , 5 speed ,4x4. I installed the f-150 spring spacers , got rid of the rake . I installed new 31-10.50-15's , ProComp mud terrain tires , very nice tire . Now I can see that the driver wheel has a bit of positive camber ...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad