• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. purplepeopleeater

Running only the hp rail pump.

Hello every one. I was wondering if anyone knowns how would running just the high pressure rail pump without the in tank fuel pump would work out. I recall someone saying it would work fine with the 2.9l, But if you were to run out of gas you would have to pressurize the tank. Thank you for...
  2. purplepeopleeater

TFI module delete

Hello everyone, I m curious about the possibility of deleting the TFI module, and upgrading to a whole new ignition system. Just to kinda take to inevitable failure of the part out of the equation. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. purplepeopleeater

Possiable vapor lock

Hey everyone. I think I either have a vapor lock situation, or sucking air into a line. It’s a 87 ranger 2.9l 5speed. Basically the truck runs great for about 30 mind in normal light traffic. After that it slowly looses Power and won’t rev part 2500 in any gear. After another 10-15 mins...
  4. purplepeopleeater

Ac compressor

Hello every one, 1987 ranger 2.9 here I'm looking to replace my ac compressor, but can't find one like this. Does anyone know what compressor this is? Thank you for any help in advance Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. purplepeopleeater

Bursting fpr hose

Hey all. I'm hoping this is a simple one. But I just finnished doing a single in tank fuel pump swap on my 87 2.9 ranger to get rid of the rail pump. I dropped in a pump from a 90 2.9 ranger. Got the fuel lines all worked out. After driving I noticed a fuel leak, I traced it up the the fuel...
  6. purplepeopleeater

FS6 ac compressor swap

Does anyone one know what's needed to convert from the FS6 as compressor, over to the newer style ones? Mine is clicking/tapping while on. I think knits getting ready to lock up on me. Would prefer to swap to the better style compressor if I can. Thank you for any help. Sent from my...
  7. purplepeopleeater

TFI module relocated to inside cab

Just a quick question, would there be any sort of problems with relocating the heat sensitive TFI module to inside of the truck cab to keep it away from engine heat? Thanks for any help and advise Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. purplepeopleeater

Speedo off

I'm not sure where to start with this one. I have an 87 2.9 ranger 4x4. The tires are now 31s. The door tag is gone so I'm not sure what factory size was. The speedo should read slower, but it actually reads 5 mph faster up to 45 mph, after that it reads 10 mph faster. The gear ratio is the...
  9. purplepeopleeater

High hydrocarbons at idle

Just a quick question hopefullly. I took time 87 ranger 2.9 to emissions yesterday, did great on everything but the hydrocarbons at idle. 220 ppm to pass, I went through at 1427. Have brand new plugs all gapped correctly, brand new coil Brand new distributor,cap,and rotor. Set at 10 BTDC...
  10. purplepeopleeater

Vacuum line question

I finally got my truck running, barely though. I just replaced the fuel pressure regulator, ignition coil, distributor with new module, timed at 10 deg, engine was at TDC when distributor was done, also has all new plugs, and all gapped at .045. I even cleaned the EGR hoping for a lucky...
  11. purplepeopleeater

87 fuel pressure regulator

Hey everyone, I have a quick hopefully simple question. Would a bad fuel pressure regulator cause a 2.9 to die right after start up? There is fuel in the small vacuum hose, so I know it's bad, and when I unplug the vacuum line on the other side of the intake(pass side). The truck will run and...
  12. purplepeopleeater

fuel pump wiring question

I've been trying to get this 87 ranger 2.9 I just picked running. Neither fuel pump is coming on with key on, truck cranks but will not start unless I squirt gas into the intake. Then it dies after its used up. Brand new relay, testing the wires from the pump relay, I get power at yellow...
  13. purplepeopleeater

Estimated value

Hello all, The lady two houses down from me has a 1987 ranger 4x4 2.9l I talked to her and she is willing to sell, told me to do some research on the value. So here I am. Kbb goes down to 92, nada doesn't give you many options as far a conditions. It doesn't run, last registered in 2011...
  14. purplepeopleeater

need some opinions on a gear swap

I have a 1995 ford rnager 2.4L 5 speed manual transmission. Its got the stock 3.73 tail gears in the 7.5 with 29`s for tires. the tires kinda killed the power in this truck. I just got a powertrax locker, and figure since in going to be there why not do a much need gear swap. Im thinking...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad