• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. trommy

Day time light relay??

can't find it in the forums or tech library.I saw pics of it here last year but need info on this relay and pic would be nice too.It's a Canadian problem,where do I find the answer??I've a 92 ranger originally from California,nearly as good shape as my buddy's new one.Thanks guys.:icon_thumby:
  2. trommy

How much is compatible??

How much of the 97 donor is compatible with the 92;fenders,doors windshield,etc?Thanks:icon_thumby:
  3. trommy

engine swap

I located a 97 2.3/5 sp.for my 92 2.3/5 sp.Is there anything with the wireing harness,or any other issues I need to know about when swapping?Also,my current engine has a new clutch.Should we put it in the 97 donor?What about the speedo hookup? I took the oil filter off my engine and there was...
  4. trommy

Back Flush?

Could I remove the oil filter and use a Turkey baster(in the orafuce) to back flush the oil inlet tube with diesel (through the pump)??What about using compressed air?Thanks
  5. trommy

kerosene flush?

No oil pressure/Kerosene flush Kerosene flush? Before my buddy's 49 Ford Custom was given to him,his uncles used kerosene mixed with oil to flush/clean the engine after sitting in their father's garage for 20 yr.They drove it around town like this also.He thinks this might work with my problem...
  6. trommy

Sounds like a diesel

In the thread "Odd rattle at cruising speeds" I mentioned this:my truck had a ratteling sound at crusing speed(92 ranger 2.3/5spd) until today.That ratteling got louder on the highway and when I got off the hwy the oil guage was 'off'.The dipstick was nearly on the add mark so i put a liter of...
  7. trommy

Nissan 3L in an Aerostar??

My buddy had a customer who had a 3L Nissan engine in his Aerostar (8-10 yr ago?)The same engine I had in my 1/4ton truck.Does anyone know how long Ford used this engine,what vehicles it was in??Mine had 357k Km (210k Mi) on it when I sold it and didn't burn any oil.It would bury the needle even...
  8. trommy

92 Ranger

New Year's Eve I bought a 92,reg cab,2.3,5spd,2wd,jacked up like a 4x4,with 235 70 r15 tires showing 83k miles(originally from California) with mint body,frame and drive-train (I hope).The registration shows an odometer reading of 150,000 (miles?) when the previous owner registered it in Nova...
  9. trommy

Howdy

"Hi,my name is Ranger Gord...err,my name is Ranger...."(From the Red Green Show) Actually,I go by trommy.Looks like a great site.I recently bought a 92,mint except for a very ratty interior.(Spring project) :icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad