• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. fordman8991

connecting the clutch line to the slave

is it extremely hard for anyone else to connect the line to the slave cylinder? i can not get mine on at all. i pushed the plunger in on the slave and the line and they both move but cannot get them together to save my life. any special tool or anyone know why i can't get these together...
  2. fordman8991

so whats the best way to bleed these systems?

last night i just got the trans in. i still have to get a few bolts to bolt it up completely but this is how my fluid system sits right now. resevor has fluid in it. master cylinder is hooked up line is hooked up to the master. some air has made its way out. slave is not hooked up.(it is dry)...
  3. fordman8991

anyone have a body lift with a manual trans?

so i had been wondering what my shifter on my m5od is gonna be like with my 3 inch body lift in my truck? do places sell adapters or anything like that or do i just have to deal with the shorter shifter?:dntknw: jeremy
  4. fordman8991

spacer behind flywheel?

so i'm doing the auto to manual swap on my 89 ranger with a 91 4.0 in it. i took the stock flex plate off and there is a spacer behind it... with the spacer on the bolts are not long enough to put in(manual flywheel bolts) so the question is do i need a spacer behind the manual flywheel? i...
  5. fordman8991

what do you guys use for fluid in the m5od trans? how much

what it says. whats the fluid capacity on the m50d manual trans? i'll look in the haynes manual but i can never find capacities in there. and what brand do you guys use for fluid. something that shifts nice and smooth and holds up in these minnesota winters lol
  6. fordman8991

how do you take the clutch pedal out? 89 ranger

89 broncoII/ 89 ranger 4x4 converting to manual trans. pedal assembly is coming out of a 89 broncoII i've been fighting the thing all night. how do you take the clutch pedal assembly out of the damn truck? i can't move it over far enough to get it all the way out or the brake pedal off. its...
  7. fordman8991

how do you take the clutch pedal out?

89 broncoII/ 89 ranger 4x4 converting to manual trans. pedal assembly is coming out of a 89 broncoII i've been fighting the thing all night. how do you take the clutch pedal assembly out of the damn truck? i can't move it over far enough to get it all the way out or the brake pedal off. its...
  8. fordman8991

who has done the a4ld to m5od swap???

89 ford ranger 4x4 with 91 ford explorer 4.0 driveline in it. about to be a manual i'm about to throw it in. i'm tryin to swap the pedal assembly out right now. (not very easy) and i got all my parts except i was told i need new flywheel bolts. is that true? what do you do with the wiring...
  9. fordman8991

4.0 computer needed???

so i'm doing the a4ld to m5od swap and cannot find a computer. is there way's of making the stock auto computer work what do i have to do to make this work??? thanks jeremy
  10. fordman8991

what clutch to use on a 4.0

i've started looking dunno what i should use not too familiar on the clutches on these due to i'm just putting a manual in my truck now... its gonna need to be tough because i like to drive hard at times and i'm pushin 265/70/16's through my 8.8 posi rear end... what clutches work on these and...
  11. fordman8991

new member here

hey my name is jeremy i live in st. paul minnesota and just happen to own a 89 ranger reg cab long box... i have completely rebuilt this truck. did it my junior year in high school with some help from the old man. cab off restoration with new tires wheels and a 3 inch body lift:dntknw: the next...
  12. fordman8991

4.0 trans swap A to M

i have a 89 ranger 4x4 with a 91 4.0 drive train in it with the a4ld pos auto. i've gone threw 3 transmissions in this truck in 6 years i'm sick of it. i'm looking to swap to manual now but need some info. i have been told that the 4.0 autos are a little beefier than the 2.9 autos... is this...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad