• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Hard to start after stall

My '87 2.9 has a bad habit of not wanting to start back if it gets choked down. It will crank over but will not start. If I just let it sit for a few minutes it will eventually start, its just a pain in the ass most of the time. Any ideas on where to start looking would be great. Thanks
  2. 87 throttle body on 89 2.9

I know that the 87 has a larger throttle body than the 89 has I just need to know if it is a direct bolt on swap. I just encountered the notorious 2.9 head problem and found a replacement from a 89 Bronco II. The bronco motor runs smooth and has no lifter tick and is completely dry, NO OIL...
  3. Water PUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got done with a water pump change on the 94 3.0, If it last til it needs another one SOMEONE else will do it. Im just glad that it went back together a lot easier than it came apart. Who was the dumb ass:idiot: that designed the water pump to go behind the A/C and power steering bracket...
  4. ??? losing water????

Put new radiator from early explorer in truck a few weeks back but now I am losing nearly 1/2 gal of water a day. I have put a pressure tester on it and no leaks were spotted. No water in oil so I have narrowed that part out. I have tried to see if I could notice any steam from tail pipe but...
  5. 87 2.9 radiator swap

87 2.9 radiator swap NOW WITH PICS I am going to get rid of the old 1 row radiator and swap it out for a 2 row for a '94 Explorer. I was wanting to wait to do this but due to the top hose nipple breaking off yesterday its finally going to happen. The rad for the 87 ranger is 18"x18 1/2" the...
  6. 93 4.0 skip

My dad has a 93 ranger 4x4 auto, every now and then when you start it up it skips so bad that you cant hardly even get it out of the yard. But you can go days at a time and it runs like a brand new truck. I have done a full tune up plugs, wires, oil, filters(air & fuel). It still does the same...
  7. Couple of ?s

My dad just bought a 1993 Ranger 4.0 auto 4x4 axle code shows 3.27 open gears. 1st What is the towing rating on the set up. I know the 3.27 isnt exactly a towing gear. Most of what he will be towing is a boat that weighs in around 2800 lbs including trailer. 2nd. The power window on the pass...
  8. Mystery Switch

I was in the cab of the 87 and happened to look under the steering collar and noticed a togglle switch at the bottom. I traced the wires and found they went to the ECM temp sending unit. Why would someone put an on/off switch on this sending unit. I found the wire was pulled apart under the hood...
  9. What size fan

I am going to put an electric fan on my 87 5speed 4 wheel drive. I was just wanting to know if I need to go with a 16 in fan or would that be over kill. I have looked at 10, 12, 14, and 16 inch fans. THe truck no longer has AC on it so that will not be a problem. It also wont be a truck that...
  10. 87 5 speed???????

I have a loud knock in my transmission that has just started, When I drained the trans it had ATF in it but everything I have seen shows it is supposed to have gear oil in it. Could the ATF have anything to do with what ever has went to talking in there. And does anyone think it would be worth...
  11. '03 Explorer 4x4

My wife bought an 03 Explorer 4.0 with only 61,00 on the clock and the 4 wheel auto. We feel in love with it in the snow but was wondering if any one has really used this system off in the dirt. Im not talking anything serious just some trails and maybe mild mud at times. The 4 low in it will...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad