• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Joshs93four-oh

Scary wake up call-type situation!!

I was out beating up my ranger last night. Decided to run it out, 1-2 shift great, tire squeal. 2-3 shift, well, somehow dont know how it ended up being a 2-1 downshift at 65 mph and boy did that ol' 4.0 hit about 8 grand fast! First time ever doing something dumb like that! The amazing...
  2. Joshs93four-oh

It finally took a poop

I had my truck in the shop to re-torque my new headers and exhaust the other day and when I went to check the oil... well, it was about 3/4" above the full mark. I pulled the drain plug and a mix of antifreeze and oil came out. About 7 years ago it developed an external head gasket leak on the...
  3. Joshs93four-oh

Valvetrain questions

Ok- what is the difference between 2.8, 2.9, and 4.0 rocker arm assemblies? Which one has the solid lifters with adjustable rockers? Is there any pushrod interchange between any of these engines? I found some trick rocker arm assemblies here locally and the guy says they are for a 4.0L. But...
  4. Joshs93four-oh

Screwy Oil Pressure Gauge

My 93 Ranger's oil pressure gauge registers slightly above half most of the time. It goes through phases where it reads slightly below half for a few weeks then goes back to its usual spot. Tell you the truth, I don't understand how it ever registers actual oil pressure because it never...
  5. Joshs93four-oh

Play in rear differential 8.8

I hope someone in the know can give some info on this- I can grab the driveshaft of my truck and turn it about 30 degrees either way. I've had the rear cover off to do the axle seals and the play is in the small gears in the spool(I don't know anything about differentials). Is this normal...
  6. Joshs93four-oh

Performance cams for 4.0 OHV

I was thinking about installing one of the two available grinds from Comp Cams in my truck along with some other upgrades. The only thing that keeps me from doing it is the increased valvetrain wear. I know to install the suggested springs and make some minor head port improvements. What I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad