• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. slipshift

Slave fitting not holding

Clutch is replaced, trans in and all ready to go, except for bleeding the clutch. If I press the clutch pedal the quick-release fitting pops out. Originally it had a white plastic sleeve so I used a new one, with no luck. It also came with a clip that was supposed to be the new method but...
  2. slipshift

For you Old Farts

Since I'm a couple of months shy of 70, installing my transmission in my driveway solo isn't as easy as it used to be. I found a method that works and doesn't aggravate my sore back. With a pry bar, lift the trans a little and shove a wood block underneath. Fasten a chain around the trans and...
  3. slipshift

Pilot bearing

'97 Ranger XLT, 2.3L. How deep is the pilot bearing supposed to seat? It feels like it is seated but sticks up about 1/32". Will this hurt anything? Jim
  4. slipshift

Rear oil seal installation

I have a '97 Ranger XLT, 2.3 engine. Since I had to replace the clutch slave cylinder I thought I'd do the whole thing, new clutch, pilot bearing, flywheel, and rear oil seal. The problem is the new oil seal won't go in. It will almost seat by finger pressure and lightly tapping it will cause...
  5. slipshift

Single-handed bed moving

Sloppy title, I know, but I think I found an easy way for one person to move the bed back far enough to change the fuel pump. After everything is disconnected I was able to raise the rear of the bed enough to shove some pieces of wood underneath. When it's raised about a foot, take a 4" wood...
  6. slipshift

eBay Fuel Pump

I found a Ford fuel pump on eBay for a starting bid of $49.95. It's for a 1998 RANGER EXT CAB 4X4 WITH A 4.0 ENGINE AND AUTO TRANS. Part F87Z-9H307-CA. Unfortunately I have a '97 and it won't fit. Hope this can help someone else...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad