• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 9" Swap

Who's done one? I tried searching, but coming up with zip. I've got a build going on an 89, and I'd like to do the D44 upgrade to the D35, which means I'll have 5-51/2 hubs. Gonna have to match it out back. Other ideas?
  2. Wid Horses Wrap Trap

Has anyone used Wild Horses Wrap Trap? https://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/Wrap_Trap/bronco_rear_axle Thoughts? Results? Doing a V-8 conversion on the BII, and it's going to be a clean build. Plan to truss the 8.8 and looking at axle wrap options.
  3. Dana 20 ID

I just bought a rebuilt Dana 20 for a V-8 swap. It is a driver's drop so it has to be a Ford, but the B/M number does not match what I found on Novak for a Ford. So I'm stumped. The ser. is 661615 and the B/M 300529-3. Thanks for any help,
  4. Wanted Dana 20

In search of a good (Ford) Dana 20 transfer case.
  5. Best 4.0 OHV intake

Looking at starting a 4.0 OHV build for my BII. I'll be using the 4.0 out of my 98 Ranger. I'll be using new heads and rebuilding the bottom end and looking for options. The 98 has a composite upper intake, but it looks like from pics that there are aluminum uppers available for the 4.0. So...
  6. Relay ID...

I've got an amp draw in my 98 2WD Ranger. I've tracked it to a relay that sits behind (to the right) of the ABS module in the dash (across from the GEM Module). Can anyone identify this relay? Thanks, -zz
  7. Better Coil Than OEM

Doing a resto on my new "89 Bronco II, and I'm wondering if anyone has found any real improvements with an aftermarket coil. My old truck still has the same coil after more than 360,000 miles, so I guess there is no real point in fixing what aint broke, but I thought I'd ask. Thanks,
  8. Just Don't learn...

As my signature says, I have been the proud owner of an "89 EB Bronco II since I bought her in 1996. Over the years, I upgraded engine and suspension and built her into a great work/play truck. After more than 360,000 miles, she is succumbing to the cancerous rot of rust in both body and...
  9. Coils or control arms

I'm planning to drop my '98 Ranger 2" front and rear. I'm looking at DJM lower control arms or 2" drop coils. I'm interested in better handling. Does anyone have any thoughts or experience on which would be the better option? Thanks, -zz
  10. Resu-wrecked ideas

Looking for ideas, and I know you guys can help. I picked up a '98 2wd, 5 speed Ranger a couple of years ago, in trade for some work. It was in great shape, has a hard tonneau and rhino-lined bed. The 4.0 is strong, and the truck is tight. I was on the way home this fall, and hit a huge...
  11. Cold Start Fix, Tune up, and VC Gaskets.

The ol' BII has developed a cold start issue, and I tracked it down to the Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor. This sensor is under the throttle body, in a pretty tight spot. She also needed a tune up. (almost 100k since the last one) She's got more than 325k miles on her and had developed leaks...
  12. Shift Knob Fix

I just picked up a sweet '98 Ranger, but the shift knob came off on the test drive, so that's first on the list to fix. I know that the most common avenue is to just glue it on, but I wanted to be able to get it off easily, if I need to. Here's my solution... 1st, removed the knob and got a...
  13. My New '98 Ranger

Just picked up this clean little Ranger (4.0, 5 spd) in trade for some of my labor on a paver job. I'm gonna go low on this one and have a nice street truck. -zz
  14. Inst Cluster Swap

I'm thinking of picking up a '98 Ranger w/5 spd. It does not have a tach, and I'm pretty sure that I want one. First, what years will swap into this? 2nd. what am I looking at as far as wiring? I know that alot of time, Ford will include the wiring, regardless of it is actually part of the...
  15. Roller Lifters?

Even tho I keep eyeing a 5.0 swap after the current 2.9 is done in my BII, I keep having these nagging doubts that I'm leaving something on the table with the 2.9. I upgraded to a Camcraft cam, matched the upper and lower intake, and even got lucky with a set of Pacesetter headers, but I keep...
  16. Are Duff Brake Lines Soft?

Anyone had problem with extended brake lines from Duff? I just had my 2nd Duff supplied brake line crap out on me on the interstate. Traffic suddenly stopped, and I laid on the anchors, and she popped like a bitch. Lucky I got her hauled down and off to the side of the road. (last night a 5...
  17. Torque Specs/ Diff Cover

I just swapped in an 8.8 from an Explorer in to my "89 BII, and planned to change the dif grease after a few hundred miles. So when it developed a leak, its no big deal. However, when I drain and refill this week, I don't want to do it again, until it's time for the next service interval. I'm...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad