• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Fast Fords

Tachometer

Can i throw a 1993 cluster with a tach into a ranger that didn't have a tach? or should i just buy a tach from a parts store and wire it in myself?
  2. Fast Fords

next truck

whats better, 2.3L or 2.5L? the variables are: reg cab short box 2wd no a/c 5spd 94-97 2.3L and 98-? 2.5L I want to know, from experience on both sides, what the pros and cons are..NO GIRLISH ARGUING!!!!!!!!!! I had a 95 2.3L and loved it..great fuel mileage, ok power, easy to fix. What i...
  3. Fast Fords

Amp/Sub issues

I have a kenwood 600W amp feeding a scoche (wal-mart brand) 10" sub in a standard non-ported box. I was messing around with the settings to get it to sound better, and found that there is a switch that controls the "LPF" (not sure what it stands for, but i have an idea). Switched it on, and also...
  4. Fast Fords

turbo diesel

would there be any way to up the power on an old 85-87 diesel ranger? would swapping in a bigger/and or better turbo help? or should i not waste my time..i can get a diesel ranger probably for free if not dirt cheap from my step dad, and decided this truck would be ideal for me while i'm off to...
  5. Fast Fords

Audio NEWB

Alright, time to bug you guys.. I have a very simple set up that i used in my 95; Sony Xplod head unit, 500w kenwood amp, truck sub box (sealed) and a 10" Wally mart sub; sounded good. I'm going to be getting a 94 regular cab, and want to know what kind of system i should get. I have no clue...
  6. Fast Fords

Computer SLOW

i am looking for ways to speed up my desktop. it is an "asus" desktop piece of crap, with the usual windows programs. this has windows xp home edition. the damn thing takes forever to boot up, run, not to mention shut down, etc. I just downloaded Ad-Aware for security stuff and about to get...
  7. Fast Fords

Tailgates

So, i'm looking at buying this really nice 1994 Ranger, an its been customized slightly; shaved an filled roll pan an shaved tailgate. Looks nice, but i love the old tailgates (92 an older). Would these tailgates fit without too much modification? I think the tailgate with the big F O R D...
  8. Fast Fords

tranny swap

its been a while...lol... anywho, here is my dilema.. found a nice 97 four banger, with a broken auto tranny. guy wants $500 for it. Is it worth buying the truck and swapping in a manual tranny? and how hard is it to do such a thing? thanks for the help.
  9. Fast Fords

cluster'ed

alright here is the question..is there a difference in the clusters (besides the obvious relocation of a few lights and words) between a 1995 cluster to a 1998+ cluster? I have in my dash a 1998 Mazda B4000 cluster. I have a 1995 2.3L. My old dash was out of a 1996 Explorer (also having the...
  10. Fast Fords

2010 Fusion

Well folks; just off the truck today..brand new 2010 Fusion..looks AMAZING
  11. Fast Fords

breathing

i have a health related question - regarding myself. Don't worry, its nothing gross lol :icon_twisted: every once in a while i will get an extremely sharp pain in my side. I won't be doing anything out of the ordinary; and i cannot duplicate it. It just happens so randomly. It has been going on...
  12. Fast Fords

New Ranger

alright, i am looking at getting a new ranger eventually (in a couple years; maybe one) and i wanna know what you all think. I have decided that a V6 is my only engine option, and a manual transmission. I also need the super cab as well. this is what i have whittled my selection down to, and i...
  13. Fast Fords

2008 Ranger Clutch Squeak Issues

Anybody with the newer ranger that has the infamous clutch squeak? Just been issued; new TSB from ford..found it today while looking up TSBs on another customer's 2008 Ranger... TSB 08-22-8 NOISE FROM CLUTCH SLAVE CYLINDER WHEN CLUTCH - ENGAGED/DISENGAGED Publication Date: October 30, 2008...
  14. Fast Fords

difference

I have parted with my beloved 1995 Ford Ranger and now I am looking at new vehicles.. naturally, my only selection is another ranger to fill the void, so i have some q's and need some a's (for all you smart a*ses out there that think it would be funny to type a bunch of a's, whether it be big...
  15. Fast Fords

website design

hey guys, got a question; actually my gf has a question... we will be designing a website for her chocolate shoppe and was wondering what type of programs are recommended. We want the best bang for the buck. We need something that will let us design layouts, create tabs/links etc and all the...
  16. Fast Fords

heads

alright, here is the deal. could a faulty/leaking head gasket cause the temperature gauge to skyrocket towards the "H" during acceleration and decrease to rather "normal" when just cruising? i am going to be putting dye in the system to just get a peak, but just wondering if this is a...
  17. Fast Fords

fever

well, my truck broke out in to a fever on the way home from work today. here is the info: 1995 Ranger reg. cab 2wd 5 spd no a/c 2.3L with 148,000 kilometers. i have just replaced the heater core recently and properly (to my knowledge) purged the system of air. The rad cap, thermostat and...
  18. Fast Fords

rangers

:icon_idea: well my girlfriend and i were discussing, with great remorse, the inevitable end of our beloved ranger. I told her the story of how the mustang, in the late 80's/early 90's, was to be replaced by the probe (what the F*CK was ford thinking??) but a buttload of mustang fans and ford...
  19. Fast Fords

employed

well folks, after 1 week and 3 days, i found another job..i now fix/repair transport trucks and trailers! its freaking awesome; sure beats paper work that i did for two years! i'm sore as hell from lifting heavy shit, i own very little in tools but i love the job. Now i can save money for school...
  20. Fast Fords

odometer

well, i picked up an instrument cluster for my hot rod and now i have a question: the one i got from the wreckers has 206,000 km on it an my cluster has 146,000. how do i roll back the odometer? it is a mechanical one..any way to do it?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad