• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1992 Ranger radio questions

OK. Let's start over. Does anybody know the answers to these questions: 1) Is there a factory radio/CD player that will be "plug & play" and properly fit in the dash without having to cut up any trim? 2) Is the factory radio a standard size (DIN, 1 1/2 DIN, etc.)? Or is it a unique Ford size...
  2. 1992 Ranger radio questions

Actually I'm excellent at it. The quality of my work and my home shop is better than most. What I don't want to do is get into a full blown custom modification. Which is why I said what I said about Crutchfield above: They have no installation kit for a 1992 Ranger. Thanks for your useless reply.
  3. 1992 Ranger radio questions

Hello. I need to replace the factory AM/FM radio in my 1992 Ranger. Is there a factory radio/CD player that will be "plug & play"? I think the only thing available when new was AM/FM radio or AM/FM radio with cassette player. Is the factory radio a standard size (DIN, 1 1/2 DIN, etc.)? How come...
  4. 1992 ABS help needed

Truck has rear ABS only. In a nut shell....rear brake line rusted out (very small leak, never even lost any measurable amount of brake fluid in master cylinder), replaced brake line, can't get any brake fluid to rear brakes. Problem is ABS valve/module. For no apparent reason, brake fluid all of...
  5. Brake Bleeding Issues

Hey, Guys. I'm having problems with the brakes on my 1993 Ranger (2wd, 3L, automatic, rear ABS). The brake line that goes from the ABS valve to the "T" fitting on the rear axle housing rusted out and developed a very small leak. I drove the truck home with no issues and barely any brake fluid...
  6. Another Mushy Brake Pedal

Hi, guys. Like JDFeniello I'm having brake problems. A rear brake tube rusted out and started leaking. I fixed the line, bled the entire system (got new, clean, air-free brake fluid at all four corners) and have a mushy brake pedal. A burst line will often cause damage to the master cylinder, so...
  7. windshield trim removal??

On a '92 Ranger, how do I remove the metal trim that goes around the windshield? Thanks. Dave
  8. ABS question

My '92 2wd has the ABS sensor on the differential housing. I assume then that it has ABS. Right? The reason I ask is because although it has the sensor, I don't see any of the other usual ABS parts like the ABS control unit with the hydraulic pump, etc. Also the ABS light on the dash does not...
  9. 3L radiator

I have a 1992 Ranger with a 3L. It's time for a new radiator. The original radiator is a single core. I've done a little research and found out that a radiator for a '92 with a 4L is two core. I'd like to use the 4L radiator but from what I've read, they are not the same (aside from the core...
  10. 3L oil circuit

Besides where the factory put the oil pressure switch, is there any other external oil connections on the 3L block? Does anybody have a skeletin view of the oil circuit for a 3L? Maybe from a factory 3L manual?? Thanks Dave
  11. 3.0 oil pressure tap

Besides the oil pressure sending unit, are there any oil gallery plugs that are accessible on a 3.0? The stock oil pressure sender is murder to get to and I want to tap into the oiling system. Thanks. Dave
  12. Ranger Splash rims

I found a Ranger Splash in the junk yard. It has 15" steel rims with stainless steel, very close fitting rim covers. Are these factory issue? Are they 7" wide? I'm thinking since the Splash was a "special" model, it probably had up-graded 7" wide rims (and I want 6"). Wish I had rim gauge!! Dave
  13. bolt pattern

Rangers, Bronco II and Aerostar are 5 on 4 1/2". So are late model Jeeps. What bolt pattern do Explorers have? Concerning 15" aluminum factory Ford Ranger rims..... are they all 7" wide? Or did Ford make them in 6" wide also? Thanks. Been "salvage yard" shopping for rims and need some input...
  14. Temperature gauge not working

1992 with 3.0L....The temperature gauge does not work correctly. I did the usual quick test: pull the wire off the sending unit and ground....gauge should read off scale high.....if it does, then most likely the sending unit is bad. Well I did all that and the gauge did read off scale high...
  15. A4LD converter

Does an A4LD converter have a drain plug like the good ol' C6? Thanks. Dave
  16. EEC4 ignition questions

The following EEC4 questions actually applies to various engines but since I have a 3.0, I posted it here. Anybody that is good with EEC4, please teach me!! I don't get it. My E350 has a 351 with EEC4. It was having drivability problems so one night after it got dark, I check the spark plug...
  17. rim and tire fit

1992 2WD stock, no lift.....Will 215/75/15 tires on factory 15 x 6 steel rims fit without hitting? Thanks.
  18. Idle Speed Problem

Without having the fancy dealer tools, how can I test the Idle Speed Control Bypass Air? I do have a volt meter (milivolt, too, if needed). I think mine is bad but I want to be sure before replacing it. Thanks. Dave
  19. Isc Bpa

deleted by author deleted by author
  20. factory steel rims / bolt pattern

Did Ford offer steel 15" rims on the Ranger? My '92 has 215/70/14 tires. I want to go taller without going wider. 215/75/14 is the only bigger size. With 15" rims, I think I can get what I want. The truck needs new tires so now is the time to change. I don't want new custom rims and all that...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad