• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. My mud ranger wont run in 2 feet of water..

:annoyed: My 98 ranger 3.0 4x4 automatic will no longer run water. When I splash into a puddle the truck will start running poorly or will keep stauling out. After a while of running dry ground it clears up. I have put electronic grease on every electrical connection I can find. The CPU and...
  2. So my ranger is going from DD to Full out mud toy, looking for some help.

Iv got a 98 ranger 4x4 with a 3.0 with 4:10s, posi rear and 33s. Its just been promoted to mud toy haha. The first 2 things ld like to do are cut out the exhaust and run it open headers and snorkel the engine into the cab and water proof the engine. What should I focus on with water profing? I...
  3. 98 3.0 Ford Ranger not running/ barley running

Once again im staring at my Ranger wondering if id be better off lighting it on fire and rolling it off a clif. I was out wheeling today and I was just rolling around at low RPMs and I got on the throttle hard for just a few seconds and when I let off it stauled and sounded like it was trying to...
  4. Mazda B2500 help! P1451 P0340 Not starting!

Iv got a 2001 mazda B2500. It is my old beater truck. Its a 2wd that we threw some 35s on the rear and had a blast at the last mudding event. Now I water proofed all the sensors but managed to miss the camshaft sensor and crank shaft sensor. I was running at high RPMs in a mud hole and the truck...
  5. I need wheel spacers but cannot find them

MY tires a rubbing bad in the front and I need to get wheel spacers, I know they arnt the best for the truck but if I dont get them my tires will blow out which isnt safe either. I need 1/4 inch or 5/16 inch plate that goes between the rim and the truck. Where can I find them? I ordered a set...
  6. Automatic transmission shifter handle end broke off :(

Iv got a 98 3.0 ranger and I was putting it into park and the knob with the overdrive switch completly broke off , wiring and all. Can I buy just the end with the switch? or the whole assembly and does anyone know where I can find them? Iv been searching the internet and cannot find anything...
  7. 98 ford ranger automatic transmission shifter cable problem

I have a 98 ford ranger and it doesnt shift into first or ever want to go into park, as in I shift it into park walk away from my truck and it goes into reverse and my truck almost goes into the cannal while im launching my boat. Whats the fix for this? Is there an adjustment? Or do I have to...
  8. My 3.0 ranger's motor lost oil pressure and locked up, new motor help!

I was driving on the hwy and I lost oil pressure. I pulled off, checked my oil, oil was fine. So I figured the sending unit went bad. So I drove on it. It started shaking I went to pull off and it locked up and no longer turns over. I am going to buy a rebuild or a new engine. What should I buy...
  9. Rear pinion seal bad

I feel embarrassed to be posting so many threads, iv just had a ton of problem's latley and hope I'm not annoying anyone! lol My rear pinion seal is bad its leaking quite a bit of fluid. I was going to pay someone to do it but after researching it it looks like something I can do on my own. Im...
  10. general mantenence questions

I put a new transmission in my truck how often should I change the fluid and filter? Also Iv got 140,000 miles on the truck and iv never changed the transfer case fluid is that necessary and how do you do it? :icon_confused:
  11. Truck running lean. engine codes p0174 and p1151

My truck keeps throwing the same 2 codes. P0174 and P1151. Iv changed everything I can think of to find the fix and have spent a ton of money. I have an idea figured Id ask before I start changing more parts. I put a cold air intake in my truck. Now my dad is very old school. I asked him how to...
  12. 4x4 manual locking hub problems 98 ranger.

Iv got a set of manual locking hubs on my 98 ranger because the automatic hubs stopped working or would work sometimes. I put a set of rugged ridge ones on and to make a long story short Iv bought 3 sets and got one extra under warenty from the dealer now iv gone though 7 hubs and I now have...
  13. will a blown head gasket cause a motor to run lean and burn up spark plugs?

will a blown head gasket cause a motor to run lean and burn up spark plugs?
  14. Imaginary alarm! I dont have one but its going off.

Iv got a 98 ford ranger and very randomly the alarm goes off. This is the 3rd time. the first one I paid $160 to have ford remove the electronics. the 2nd time I just opened up the door pannels and saw where ford had cut some wires on one side, so I did the same on the other and it went off. Now...
  15. Anyone Put Traction Bars on A Ranger?

Anyone ever Put Traction Bars on A Ranger? I'm big into truck pulls and my rear-end gets to bouncing forward and backwards.. Will traction bars keep it from moving around and will it affect drivability?
  16. Outlaw Truck Pullers! Port saint lucie florida event

This Saturday June 30th outlaw truck pullers is having an event in Port saint lucie. It would be awesome to have more rangers out there! :icon_thumby: http://www.facebook.com/events/249956345117374/258646287581713/?notif_t=plan_mall_activity
  17. Engine issues fouled pulgs

My 98 3.0 ranger keeps fouling the same 3 plugs after a few hundred miles. The tips on the keep melting down. Its not burning oil. I also keep getting a code P1151 and iv changed about all the sensors involved with that code except the sensor on the middle of the intake between the air filter...
  18. Removing catt's and putting in stright pipe questions

I am thinking about removing the catts and replacing them with stright pipe. :icon_welder: what will that sound like with the stock muffler? Iv been heavily involved with truck pulls and im looking for some more power. Iv got this F-150 I havent been able to pull hahhahhaha :bawling:
  19. Cv axles or barring broken? Help!

My automatic hubs on my ranger failed a few months ago. I switched to the rugged ridge manual lockers. In a few weeks they failed. I bought another set and that set completly granaded. I know I put them on right. So I checked the CV axles and they have a bunch of play in them spesifically closer...
  20. Chips Pros? Cons?

Iv got a 4x4 ranger with a 3.0 lifted on 33's. It doesn't have any power anymore lol :sad: I have a cold air intake but that about it. I'm thinking about putting in a chip but I know anything about them. I haul trailors often. I dont want to burn up the motor or tranny. :annoyed:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad