• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Angie

Build your own engine thread

Very curious as to how many of you/us build your own engines, in the past and still today? what engines have you built and what problems you finding today in parts styles, or procedures? Myself, have built (all fords) 351C 302, 4.L 2.8 currently 2.8 and a 4.0 - 410 cam one sitting waiting for...
  2. Angie

whats the deal with Aluminum conrod bearings?? Vrs tri metal?

On my 2.8 build the bearings for the conrods are an Aluminum composite. WHY?? what are they good for? i have placed the pistons and rod bearings into the block, but now I am second guessing why they are made from this metal. Can anyone shed some light on this situation?? thanks
  3. Angie

what years of a box will fit 2001

hey all. this is out of my year of knowledge. friend looking at a 2001 extra cab that was hit in back end. everything is decent on it however the back of box, tail gate and lights are smashed. he wants to know what years of trucks will be a direct bolt on for the frame. cheers and thanks in...
  4. Angie

"electrolysis" Rust Removal. Anyone interested in it?

99% positive going to build an electrolysis tank to remove some rust out my 2.8 heads for the engine currently being built. (and have for other projects) If there is any interest in what I am about to do, I will document and post about it. Been doing some research on it, and very interested...
  5. Angie

2.8 distributor in cali

No idea if this is still for sale or not. might help someone looking for the dura swap 2.8L was scanning for something else and seen this. older ad i know but wanted to post this just in case Ignition module & distributor parts parts - $10 (Lake Forest)...
  6. Angie

Seeking L&L style relocator 351/302

Hey all, my 351 C build has been on hold now for some time..... I am seeking the clockable oil re-locator as the one i was trying to get to work will not allow the proper angle for the hoses to be attached. does anyone have a clockable one sitting on a bench that they will never use and are...
  7. Angie

Found! seeking non air con heater box

Wondering if anyone is wrecking a non air con truck and the heater box is in good condition? don't need the fan, just the box. can trade a AIR con 1 for non aircon if you need a swap. this is going into a 1984 firewall so not 100% sure what years will fit, and or if a explorer 1 will fit?? cheers
  8. Angie

2.6 head on a 2.8?

Just wondering and seeking information about the 2.6 heads. Have a clean 2.6 sitting on shop floor and debating what the heads are in condition wise compared to the work of cleaning up the 2.8 heads that are on the engine that was just tore apart. can not find much if any info about the 2.6 so...
  9. Angie

INTERNAL PARTS - not available

Very curious ... Have you been able to get internal engine parts off the shelf at your local parts stores?? When I rebuilt the Cleveland earlier in the year, and today trying to source parts for a 2.8 rebuild ... every parts store I call I get the same thing .... "if you find them. buy them"...
  10. Angie

timing gears ... wear-a-bility 2.8 rebuild

ripping apart a 2.8 for going into rebuilding mode for another truck we are building/restoring ... wondering a question on the toughness of the timing gear(s) tephlon?? coating. It is in perfect looking condition. Question, has anyone ever seen one of them eat itself? or self destruct...
  11. Angie

separating 5 SP from 2.8

Hey all.... this might be a stupid style question...... but.... I have never separated a standard trans from an engine before .... hoping to take a 5 speed off a 2.8 that i have on the floor of the shop over the weekend. However, are there any secrets i need to know before i start to take the...
  12. Angie

1984 ranger roll-along

Starting a new thread here with the newest ranger to enter our fleet of vehicles. From this thread carry forward..... https://www.therangerstation.com/forums/index.php?threads/seriously-thinking-1984-camper.199943/ UPDATING: ...... (Missing key for the tumbler, was going to replace it with a...
  13. Angie

seriously thinking 1984 camper

this is calling my name. can anyone give more info about this style camper? i have a couple 2.8's sitting on the floor ready to drop into this truck. cheers https://vancouver.craigslist.org/van/cto/d/vancouver-rare-vintage-ranger/7540185656.html 1984 ford ranger roll-a-long pop top...
  14. Angie

explorer 8.8 disk brake questions

Found this for sale close to me. Ford 8.8 out of a 97’ explorer with disc brakes 3.73 with locker, 31 spline, came from a running truck decided to use a different axle $450 firm Thinking about using this rear end on my 351C build. questions - 1. will the 3inch wider have any real bearing on...
  15. Angie

testing for parasitic battery draw

On the neg battery post when I take off the clamp and place it back on, I get a spark. I shouldn't get anything as this truck has no computer, no small radio memories or anything. I have placed a voltmeter between the neg cable and the post with the wire into the 10A plug on the meter, it shows...
  16. Angie

needing 90 degree oil relocation @ block

hey all, anyone know of where I can order 90 degree oil relocation adaptors for the block side of the swap? i don't need a complete kit as I will buy the oil filter holder separatley, plus get my lines and fittings custom made at a hose shop. wondering if anyone knows a place that sells just the...
  17. Angie

info about 164 tooth flywheel & starters

Hey all, Found a starter that was on a 302 in my pile of "parts". want to know if anyone knows/has a chart for ring teeth and starter teeth counts. The starter engaged when hit with 12 volts, and will bolt to the FMX transmission. The flywheel has 164 teeth, how many should the starter have...
  18. Angie

torque converter lockup ??

""" Head scratch... yes I fully agree spark and such, but hot or cold wouldn't affect spark. you have it or you don't .... One other thing has entered my mind... would a torque converter act this way under any circumstances...
  19. Angie

deleting pcm what is needed for carb motor

Hey all, not sure how to word that "title" however, I need to know what, if anything, is needed to keep from the PCM on a swap 1991(ish) to carb. I will be running electric fuel pump, with separate on/off switch, relay. (and inertia switch) keeping all these electrical items (as in) staying...
  20. Angie

Wrong gas gauge resistor

way back when i did the tank on my truck, i placed in the wrong resistor for the needle's full e marks. when tank is full it reads full. but when tank drops about an 1/4 it goes to empty. is there a way to place an in line resistor to correct the mix up? I can't take the box off to get at the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad