• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. puty72

Brake line size

What is the diameter for 1989 ranger brake line tubing
  2. puty72

Major loss of power on hills

1989 ranger 2.9 auto 4x4. 121,000 miles . I am having problems with my truck with major loss of power going up hills it won't even kick down in just makes a loud deep exhaust note with the Rpms up around 4k . It just started doing this a week ago
  3. puty72

valve cover question

out of curiosity are the 2.9 valve covers interchangeable as in could I put the oil fill valve cover on drivers side instead of passengers side
  4. puty72

surging and sputter problem

1989 ford ranger 2.9 a4ld trans 118,900 miles ---------------------------------------- below is a list of parts and sensors replace and date fuel pump, filter, regulator (this week) reman injectors (aug 2011) plugs, wires, dist cap n rotor (aug 2001) coil and air temp sensor ( feb 2011)...
  5. puty72

powersteering pump removal

1989 ranger 2.9 auto --------------------- I was wondering how to take the pulley off the powersteering pump
  6. puty72

shift kit problems

1989 ranger 2.9 a4ld. ------------------------- had a local performance garage install a shift kit , 3- 4 solenoid, and modulator into my tranny. after the first time i tryed taking it home it would redline the hell outta first gear and the only way it would shift is if you floored it. I took...
  7. puty72

torque converter lock up problems

1989 ranger 2.9 auto ---------------------------------- I had a shift kit installed in my truck about a month ago and when i picked the truck up at the garage and attempted to drive it home it wouldnt shift unless you floored it and stalled when coming to a stop. I took it back and the...
  8. puty72

shift kit problems

1989 range 2.9 a4ld. had a garage install a vac modulator, 3-4 solenoid, and shift kit the other day in my truck. now the problem is it will only shift at wot if im just cruising down the road it will stay in the same gear and redline. can anyone tell my whats goin on with it.
  9. puty72

stalling problems

1989 ranger 2.9 auto. I got my truck back from the garage yesterday after getting new heads, cam, lifters, pushrods, headers, trans modulator, 3-4 solenoid, and shift kit installed. when i picked the truck up the mechanic told me he drove it 17 miles and the only problem it had is it did...
  10. puty72

bed swap

will a 2000 ranger stepside bed bolt up to an 89 ranger frame
  11. puty72

rear speaker wiring

1989 ranger supercab -------------------------- i got new rear speakers for my truck and was wondering how to wire them since the stock speakers have a connector.
  12. puty72

rubber around headlights

1989 ranger ------------------------------ So i bought brand new headlights and put them on the day after christmas. well anyways i took notice today that the rubber gasket around them are all dry rotted already...wtf! i was wondering if anyone sells just the rubber gasket for around them
  13. puty72

fuel tunnel problem

1989 ranger 2.9 auto 4x4 supercab ------------------------------------ i didnt know what to post this under but its under the 2.9 section for now. Anyways ive been have a problem when pumping gas since i swaped my demolished bed out for one from the junkyard. when at the pump u have to pump...
  14. puty72

steering problem

1989 ranger 2.9 auto 4x4 ----------------------- i noticed this twice in the past week doesnt do it all the time tho but when making a turn slowly say pulling out of my driveway there is a clunking and jumping in front end almost as if i was in 4wd but im not. anyone have any ideas what...
  15. puty72

custom door panels

decided to make up some custom door panels. I got the passenger side one almost finished. Just needs hole cut out for speaker and some speakers covers, also need to pick up a bezel for the handle from the junkyard. i used wrinkle finish black abs plastic sheeting and aluminum channel for...
  16. puty72

intake manifold

is there a difference between the 86-88 2.9 upper intake and the 89 intake
  17. puty72

wheel fitment questiion

i was planning on buying new wheels and was making sure if they fit. here are the specs for the wheels. 15 in. x 7 in., 5 x 4.5 in. Bolt Circle, 3.75 in. Backspace Center Bore Diameter (in) 3.300 in. they will be goin on a 1989 ranger supercab 4x4
  18. puty72

1989 ranger build

Ive had my truck for the past three years with intentions of fixing it up. Now that i have a steady job i can do what I intended on doing. (when i bought this i was 19 now im almost 22 ) so here is the start of my build.. 1989 ranger xlt 2.9 auto 4x4 mostly stock for now pictures when i...
  19. puty72

exhaust manifold bolts

what size bolts are used for the exhaust manifolds to head on a 2.9 engine
  20. puty72

2.9 shortblock

I already emailed a couple companys but I was wondering if anyone knows who sells a remanufactured 2.9 shortblock and for what price.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad