• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. bronco2blue

transmission clunking

I was driving up a hill yesterday when I felt a change and my truck suddenly started to vibrate. Ever since this happened the truck hasn't stopped vibrating and a clunking noise is present, especially when accelerating from a stop. At first I thought it was a bad spark plug. I tried to trace the...
  2. bronco2blue

motor knock/tick 4.0

I picked up this 91 explorer as a cheap offroader. It has a constant ticking problem, and a knock that comes and goes at idle, and worsens in drive. I've included a video of the noise. What do you suspect the issue is and should I rebuild, replace the motor, or just drive it this way as long as...
  3. bronco2blue

Electrical Problems with the SPOUT

94 explorer 4.0 I was getting a SPOUT circuit open code along with rough idle and hesitation under load. I did some searching and found out that the SPOUT can be disabled by pulling the spout shorting bar, but I found two identical ones. After searching around some more I concluded that the...
  4. bronco2blue

6" coils, mount beams to upper or lower bracket holes?

I will be installing a skyjacker lift kit soon on my 94 explorer. The axle drop brackets have the choice of two mounting points, and I plan on running 6" coils. Skyjacker suggests mounting the axle to the lower hole with the 6" or 8" coils, but I've seen pictures and read tech articles on here...
  5. bronco2blue

fan clutch nut won't come off

I've been trying to remove my fan clutch but can't get the nut to budge. I used chain wrench with electrical tape wrapped around the chain to secure the water pump pulley. The fan clutch wrench I got from Advance looked like the right size but it didn't fit snug and I ended up rounding off the...
  6. bronco2blue

Overheating Explorer

94 explorer, overheats at idle, cools down while moving. I've been dealing with overheating ever since I did some exhaust and transmission work to my 94 explorer. To get the trans out I had to remove the exhaust up to the manifolds. I ended up cutting the y pipe out and ordered a new...
  7. bronco2blue

Manual to Automatic Hub Conversion Problem

I'm trying to install automatic locking hubs on an explorer that came with manual hubs from the factory, but there isn't a place for the retaining clip. It seems like the axle shafts are different. Until I can buy the proper manual hubs, is it possible to drive without the hub components...
  8. bronco2blue

Asked for skyjacker, got superlift

I bought what I thought was a skyjacker 4-6" kit from a member, but the passenger side axle drop bracket is actually a superlift, the ones that are known to break. Is it possible to order the passenger side axle drop bracket individually from skyjacker? I don't really feel good about running two...
  9. bronco2blue

No power, can't figure out why. Codes inside

Down on power, can't figure out why. Codes inside My 94 explorer has been running rough and I haven't been able to figure out why. I'm starting to think it could be an electrical problem but I don't know how to trace it down. Here are the codes... I'm getting 998 (O hard fault present), 13 (R...
  10. bronco2blue

Exhaust Leak Causing Loss of Power

I have two broken y-pipe to manifold studs on my 1994 explorer, one on each side of the y-pipe. There is still one stud holding the y-pipe in on each side. I can feel air escaping from the y-pipe flange and I can hear a hissing noise. I have no throttle response past about 2500 RPMs. The motor...
  11. bronco2blue

No start after m5r1 swap

I just took out the auto from my 94 explorer and swap in an m5r1. I did research on the swap and took my time to make sure it was done right. I got everything back together and it won't start. One thing I did was splice the pink to the red/blue wire on the clutch interlock switch. I read that...
  12. bronco2blue

What to do with my cut exhaust

I had to cut the y pipe in order to remove my transmission. I could not get the flange bolts to come off so I felt the need to cut the pipe. Now I need to get the exhaust back together. Should I have the pipes welded back together on the truck? Or should I just get a new replacement y pipe? And...
  13. bronco2blue

Help Identifying Wire Harness - 94 Explorer

I'm in the process of swapping my automatic transmission with a manual. While I was removing the automatic shift cables from around the engine I unplugged a wire harness. Does anyone what this connects to? It's very difficult to reach. It's right under the intake, next to the vapor canister...
  14. bronco2blue

84 Bronco ii Water in Carb

I really feel stupid for this but I bought an 84 bronco 2 and in the process of getting it running I sprayed way too much carb cleaner. The carburetor backfired and everything that had carb spray on it caught on fire. So the carb and lots of wiring underneath it was on fire for a couple minutes...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad