• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Test: Is plug wire connected to spark plug?

My engine has a slight miss somewhere during idle. Could be allot of things ofcoarse but, one of the things I would like to make sure of is that the plug wires are actually connected to the sparks plugs. Some of the boots do not ‘click’ onto the plug but ‘seem’ to be connected/jammed on as far...
  2. Basic Timing Light Question

85 Ranger 2.8 Using my Sears Digital Timing Light, for example when I set the light to 12 DBTDC, and aim the light at the damper, what mark on the damper am I lining the pointer up to? 1) The zero '0' degree mark on the damper? or 2) The large mark just below the zero '0' degree mark...
  3. Fuel Accelerator Pump Lever - Which Hole?

I have a 2150A carb on my stock (no smog) 2.8. My Ranger/Bronco II manual says the Accelerator Pump Lever Location is supposed to be located on #4. I'm assuming that means the 4th hole, however there are only 3 holes to choose from and currently it's on the 2nd hole.? Reason I'm looking into it...
  4. 2.8 Timing Check

Checking out the timing on my stock 2.8 (Duraspark II/2150A carb with manual metering block).......... Distributor Vacuum Plugged - 12 DBTDC @ Idle (>800rpm) 34 DBTDC @ 3500rpm With Distributor Vacuum. - 21 DBTDC @ Idle (>800rpm) 43 DBTDC @ 3500rpm Seems to run alright, are those good numbers?
  5. 2150 Choke Confusion

1) Starting out with the engine cold and having not touched anything, should the choke plate be 'fully' closed? 2) If so, does the choke plate only open to the specified gap (1/8") only when you start the cold engine and the engine vacuum to the choke pull down kicks in? 3) Also, before...
  6. 2150 Mixture Screws

After a ton of help from all you guys, my 2150A equipped 2.8 is has been running well, thanks! One thing that occurred to me is that back when I was adjusting the mixture screws the engine wouldn't idle smoothly enough at the time for me to accurately adjust the idle mixture at anything less...
  7. Cardone Remanufactured Distributor

Anyone using the Cardone Remanufactured distributor recommended in the TRS Duraspark Conversion article? I have the listed 30-2691 model but I don't think it has an adjustable can. I've tried a 3/32 Allen wrench, among others, into the can but I don't feel it engaging anything. If you have one...
  8. Autozone carb for Duraspark swap?

I'm trying to get my stock 2150A sorted but if I can't, will this carb from Autozone be a good replacement for the Duraspark Conversion? http://www.autozone.com/fuel-delivery/carburetor/autoline-carburetor/ford/mustang/1978/6-cylinders-z-2-8l-2bl/381198_0_0_3498/?checkfit=true
  9. 2150A - No Distributor Vacuum Advance Port?

Since the 2150A was computer controlled it has no ported distributor vacuum advance port, correct? If you have a distributor with vacuum advance and a 2150A carb, where do you connect the advance to if not the carb?
  10. 2150A Manual Metering Block Tuning

Made a manual metering block for my 2150A carb on a 2.8. Now I need to know how to use it. What's the starting point for the two metering screws (full in or full out?) and what changes in how the engine runs am I looking for?
  11. Timing Advance

Adjusting the timing on my 2.8. Duraspark II, no smog, only PCV. With the vacuum advance hose disconnected and plugged, at ~750rpm, the timing is 10 BTDC. With the advance re-connected the rpm's go up, after re-setting back to ~750rpm, the timing is now 26 BTDC. Is that normal? I remember...
  12. Motorcraft 2150 Spark Port

The 'Spark Port' on my 2150 carb used for distributor vacuum advance has an opening but no nipple connection and when I connect a hose into it no 'obvious' air can be passed thru or sucked out. Is that normal with the engine off? Did there used to be a metal nipple pressed into that opening...
  13. Voltage Regulator Wiring Differences

The markings on Ford voltage regulators differ. Some are F234, some are IASF. On a typical Delco 3 wire alternator with connection markings of FLD,BAT,STA and GRD, how would either of those two regulators be connected? For example, F->FLD 2-> 3-> 4-> I-> A-> S-> F->FLD
  14. Duraspark Conversion Coil

Does the coil recommended in the 2.8 Duraspark Conversion article need a ballast resistor?
  15. Bad Valves?

If a mechanic says a set of valves can't be correctly reground because whoever did the last valve job 'tumbled' the valves. What does that mean?
  16. Princess or Pig?

I bought a dirty, ugly looking 85 Ranger 2.8 that "used to run". Cleaned it up, replaced water pump and oil pump, a few gaskets including intake manifold and carb., tune up parts and enough new paint to make it look like it runs great. Managed to get it started. Ran and idled great, no smoke in...
  17. Sears Strobe Lights really that BAD?

I know my Dad's ol' favorite, Sears, isn't what what it used to be but I have still bought tools there, well, maybe no more. Their just down the street from me so it's very convenient to drop in to the tool section when I something. Recently I bought a deluxe combination wrench set from them...
  18. Can't read Timing Marks

On an 85 Ranger/Bronco II 2.8 the timing marks are worn. It looks like maybe a 0 then several marks, then a 17, several marks, then a 20 and several marks after that with numbers and marks following after that. Can anyone tell me what the numbers and marks are supposed to be? Thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad