• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. gimpy117

Wiring a coil in on 87' ford TFI

i'm trying to find exactly where to wire the negative from a coil pigtail on an 87' TFI unit. should the negative wire be connected directly to the TFI unit plug rather than another plug I found that is in the circuit. The most helpful thing would be pictures on how ford did it originally and...
  2. gimpy117

87' Turbo Coupe engine...fuel rail question

what's the best way to modify the fuel rail so I can get away with my non-return style fuel system? the SVO engine has a return. I have the original ranger fuel rail as well, and I'm at the point where I'm plumbing everything and I feel a little lost here
  3. gimpy117

1986-87 engine harness differences

anybody have a wiring diagram for an 1986 harness so I can compare it with a 1987 harness? I dug up an 86' harness I wanna use with an 87' computer and sensors injectors etc. but wanna know If I gotta add any wires I've got the block ready for re-assembly, bottom end is pretty good, but not...
  4. gimpy117

98 Ranger and self contained VSS?

is this possible? I'm working on a Turbo coupe swap, and If I get a VSS sensor can I wire it into the existing dash and delete the old ECU completely? I've got the M5od transmission mated to a (for now) 2.3L engine any ideas? will the speedo in the dash take the raw data from the sensor...
  5. gimpy117

Plug Differences

I'm working on my turbo swap, and, I've since bit the bullet and bought an entire harness for the engine (wasn't cheap) BUT here is the catch, the plug size is the same, but the raised bars on the plug are slightly different and won't let the plug for the computer slide in. I'm assuming this...
  6. gimpy117

2.3T woes

hello all, Im new to these parts...but Im in the middle of a 2.3T build I already know my 2.3T will go on my M5od transmission without too much issue, and that I can reuse mounts BUT Im having an issue finding documentation on a 2.3T computer conversion. Here is where I'm at. I've got a 2.5L...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad