• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Kim

"Death Wobble"?

I guess that's what it's called. I've had this particular Ranger for going on 3 years now and it has about 150k miles on it. It always had this weird, wandering feeling when driving it on bumpy roads but would track straight and feel comfy on smooth roads. Wasn't enough to be too worried...
  2. Kim

Why so many Cats?

I was under my truck today replacing the fuel filter and I noticed what appeared to be five catalytic converters under there. One on each downpipe from the manifolds, one in the crossover pipe, and two in the exit pipe....all before it even reaches the edge of the single cab. Crazy. Is that for...
  3. Kim

Clutch pedal bushing..

A few weeks ago my Clutch pedal started acting crazy. It wasn't releasing all the way and making it hard to shift. When I finally was able to properly investigate the problem, I caught a lucky break because the bushing connecting the pedal to the pushrod literally fell apart and landed on the...
  4. Kim

Anyone add power seats?

Someone local to me was parting out an Explorer for cheap, so I got a few things I needed for my Ranger....and also a few things I didn't "need" but wanted. lol Amongst those items are a pair of bucket seats that I'd like to use, as I don't care for the 60/40 thing and my drivers seat is busted...
  5. Kim

Need a tune after regear?

This site is such a great wealth of info, and I appreciate all the hard work that everyone who contributed to that cause put into it! Ok, I'm getting ready to do an axle swap on my '01 Ranger 3.0 5speed manual 2WD Edge (sometime this summer/fall) so I'm getting everything I'm gonna need for...
  6. Kim

Weird Fuel pressure problem

Hi all. My Ranger sometimes has difficulty starting. About 90% of the time I can hit the key and it will crank as long as I hold it without firing off. When it does that, it takes a second or third attempt before it lights off. I won't stay in Start too long though, because I know how bad it...
  7. Kim

Seat belt fix/replacement?

Looking for ideas about my wonky seat belts. I'll have to assume a belt replacement is needed, because a "fix" I've read about before didn't do anything to help, so here goes: My seat belts don't want to retract themselves back up and in, and are always just laying there getting shut in the...
  8. Kim

Rough Ride

Man....my Ranger rides reeeally rough. New shocks all around, nothing is bottoming out. Suspension moves by hand, but driving you feel every bump hard and it actually throws the truck around some. A few years ago my Dad had a early 90's Ranger that also dramatically stiffened way up once I...
  9. Kim

Speedo fail/running badly

Sorry if this was already resolved somewhere else, but I have to ask.... Every once in a while when driving the speedo will flutter and drop to zero and the engine bucks and misses when it does that. I'm wondering what/where do I have to look to correct that. I have pulled the main harness...
  10. Kim

7.5 to 8.8 speedo error

I think I have found the reason why my speedo is off. My Ranger had an 8.8 swapped in place of the original 7.5, and the speedo reads fast. Larger diameter tone gear with more teeth being picked up by the sensor? What can I do to fix this...I'm assuming a 7.5 tone gear will not fit in place...
  11. Kim

Which speedo gear

...do I need? The previous owner of my truck had swapped the original (according to door sticker code) 7.5" 3.73 axle for an 8.8" 3.08 axle and I want the original gear ratio back. No idea if he changed the speedo gear also, and the speedometer seems to read weird, so I need to be able to ID...
  12. Kim

Hello from Wisconsin

Hi just bought a 98 Ford Ranger XLT in need of some suspension TLC for daily transport and hauling some of my gear. I'm looking forward to learning more about this truck; my past vehicle-forum experiences were for a 94 Thunderbird and a 96 Dakota Sport, both of which I still own. The Tbird is...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad