• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Call me lucky...plug blew out

Well I found out my fast idle issues was a stuck IAC. Some Kroil and brake cleaner fixed that. I went to the bank 3 miles away and on the way home I backed off the gas in town now to make a turn and I heard a pop and then a loud exhaust leak and miss.So I parked the truck until I can get to it...
  2. Now what?

My 2000 F150 w/ 4.6 just developed a new problem. It won't idle when cold. The code reader says the IAT was 43 deg. and the ECT was 39 deg. When warmed up it's ok. IAC?
  3. Tire balance

I bought new Goodyear tires for my truck after I bought it.It has about 1200 mi. on it since then. Ever since that day I get what feels like a balance issue at 35-40 mph and about 62 mph. I called the tire shop and told him and he said bring it in but I haven't found the time. He also said that...
  4. 2000 f150 4.6 plug removal

This truck is new to me. I have a miss in #7 cyl. What's involved in pulling a plug if the coil is good. Do I have to remove the fuel rail? Thanks
  5. BRAKES...Arrrrrgh

After replacing all the lines from the front to the rear discs I had a pedal that would go to the floor. I bled them several times with a mighty vac. and even replaced the master cyl which I bench bled.I have good pedal when the engine is off but when I start it up the pedal is mushy and can...
  6. Computer flash

Well I decided to buy a reman. computer for my 2000 F150. They say I have to go to the Dealer to get it flashed. What does flashing do? Can't I run the truck without flashing the new computer? Thanks
  7. p1000 code

I know what it means but it's the second time I found it and this last time I did a 400+ mile trip that included all the variables of driving and I happened to get a 401 code which ain't no problem but why the p1000 again? I'm getting 15-16 mpg with a '00 4.6 4x4 w/3.31 gears and not carrying a...
  8. What's up with the 5.4?

I'm looking for an older used F150 and after reading about cam phasers making noise and even read some local ads about the truck needing exhaust manifolds (3 out of about 25) I'm wondering WHAT'S up with this motor? I never heard of an exhaust manifold needing replaced on any vehicle. Granted...
  9. A little problem with my 5r55e

I have a downshift flare and slight rough engagement when I slow down to about 25mph and hit the gas (lightly) as in slowing and yielding to the oncoming traffic as in entering another road. The upshifts are good, just at this certain time in the downshift it seems to delay and the engine...
  10. TTB axle bushing

Have any of you had to replace the bushing that the 2 axle housings are hinged to each other on a 4wd?
  11. '02 F150 noisy rear end?

Thanks for the Geography lesson. I went through Kansas once or twice 15 yrs ago.Nice State. Nothing stood out as a hill to me compared to our "hills" LOL. The truck I was looking at was rode hard and put away wet too many times in my opinion. It has towed what seems from it's birth and I think...
  12. '02 F150 noisy rear end?

I'm gonna stop after work tomorrow and see what sup.I hope it don't have wimpy gears. The ad says small v8,auto trans. I need something peppy for the hills here in Pa. but under 4.10's. So, I'm sayin' 3 1/2's or 3.73's. Had a '73 Chevy that had 3.08's and a 350,what a dog! And NO mileage. My...
  13. '02 F150 noisy rear end?

Not a snowballs chance in that happening. I'm not the fanatical wrench turner I was when I was younger.The junkyard should know if the same ratio's are available. Thanks All
  14. '02 F150 noisy rear end?

So it's safe to assume (don't like to do that) that the bigger axle is a bolt in swap? I done a few swaps before and I agree it's easier than a rebuild in the vehicle. Do they come with the same ratio's as the 8.8? It's a 4x4 truck.
  15. '02 F150 noisy rear end?

Made a mistake. It's a '99 if that matters. Don't know any more about it. Will advise. I hope it's just a bearing.
  16. '02 F150 noisy rear end?

I'm thinking about buying this truck. The ad in the paper says noisy rear end. Is that a common problem for this model and year? I don't have any more details yet. I have to go see the truck.:icon_confused:
  17. Winter blues?

My CEL comes on as soon as the weather cools off in the fall and then I read the codes and I get 171 and 174(o2 sensors,lean). It don't happen in warmer weather. On a warm day like 70 ish the cel don't come on with the same gas in the tank. As soon as it gets below 50 or so, the stupid thing...
  18. IAC sounds like a horn!

Had starting issues when cold and after searching on this fine site I bought a used IAC. It starts better now when cold, always like new when warm but the IAC sounds like a stupid horn at idle. It don't hurt nothing but I get strange looks from other people when I sit next to them at a light...
  19. A/C compressor question

It's in the teens outside and my compressor is running while in defrost or blending with floor heat. My owners guide says it shouldn't run under 50 deg. Where is the thermostat or temp control for the clutch? I wonder if someone didn't just bypass it. I'm the 2nd owner but I don't know who...
  20. Low end Torque

What's a good way to bring up the low end torque(2500 rpm and below) of my 4.0? That's where I do 95% of my driving and it's a dog. I know that my 3.27 gears don't help and I run empty 99 and 44/100% of the time but I'm tired of the down shifting,upshifting in the hills of Western Pa. etc.plus...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad