• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Looking for a shop manual link that works

Looked in the tech section for the links that use to work, but now dont. got a 97 ranger And need the shop fsm to work on a no start problem.
  2. Any one use their explorer to tow a heavy trailer

I been driving around my daughters 5.0 awd explorer and kinda like it. Its not a silverado but its got more room inside for folks to ride.. And I pull a race car and trailer 1 or 2 times a year about 300 miles 1 way. minor hills if any. trailer and car weigh about 5500 and I center the trailer...
  3. Any one with a FSM tell me if the book says replace U bolts

I just want to know what the BOOK says. So please no opinions or internet rumors.I know a lot of people replace and or upgrade to the 8.8 from the explorer. And a lot of jeeps use them too. What I want to know is, does the FSM say anything about replacing the U bolts when you have to loosen them...
  4. 2006 stalling

Little back story, truck sat up for 2 years. Had 1/2 tank of gas in it that time. I had to do a complete motor swap. I been driving for past couple of days. Had it stall on me while I was waiting on wife to come out of store. Thought it was just bad gas. Today I was heading to town and had to...
  5. Whats the voltage for the fuel pump and sender

2006 ranger 2.3 I have checked the harness going to the pump wires are as follows. red 7 volts black ground yellow 12 volts black with white stripe ground. I ask this because I am having a no fuel level in cab at the gauge. And a trouble code that says fuel level circuit high. I can not get the...
  6. What wrench sizes to remove hinge and striker from 2006 bed

My 2006 did not have any of the hinge or the striker as it had a service camper on back. I am going to pull it yard tomorrow and dont want to lug a whole box. What size bolt heads are the hinge that is attached to the bed? and the striker and the cable that holds the tail gate up? I know the...
  7. What is this part 2006 2.3 engine.

Any resources for a online Service manual?
  8. What is this part 2006 2.3 engine.

Here is the actual one. I went and got the truck today.
  9. What is this part 2006 2.3 engine.

Thanks. Sorry about that pic. I went and looked at the truck a few days ago and I am going to get it today and knew I needed that piece. The engine suppose to be bad. And If that part is important I would need it to test engine out.
  10. What is this part 2006 2.3 engine.

red arrow pointing to it.
  11. Cruise control buttons. What is the difference between part number SW5928 and SW5919?

Cruise control switches. there is a big difference in price. But they look the same. Just have not seen the 5928s wire connection point to verify its the same as a 5919. The 5928 works on almost every application that I was told was a perfect match to my 97 Explorer. I was told "THIS SHOULD FIT...
  12. good write up for replacing ball joints 1997 AWD

I got a 97 All Wheel Drive that the ball joint covers were ate off by mice or squirrels. They were not there when I got truck. I inherited it, it sat for years under a car port. Only has 34k miles on it. Is there a good write up on replacing the balljoints?
  13. Swapping a 4.0 to a 2.3 carbed

I looked around in the sub categories, but did not find the answer I needed. I got a chance to get a 93 4x4 ranger automatic with a blown 4.0 engine. I have ZERO experience with that engine. I do on the other hand have a VAST knowledge of the 2.3/2.5 motor. In carb'd form. This is a woods only...
  14. Need to know about Flat towing a Ranger

1993 model auto 4.0 4x4. Can I flat tow it. I am buying and its far off so I dont want the added wait of a trailer. If I can what do I do to make sure the trans and transfer case are ok.
  15. Pointers on 4.0 engine removeal from ranger

I am getting a 93 ranger 4x4 with the 4.0 and It lost oil pressure. I am assuming it needs a new engine. I found one in the JY for a good price. Any pointers on removing it? I have taken my share of engines out but never a 4.0. I would prefer the 2.5 or 2.3 as I can pull those with no issue...
  16. Loosing oil pressure after start up

Start up in morning and pressure is fine. In about 2 minutes the pressure drops to zero and a light tapping can be heard. Shut it off for 30 minutes and crank up and pressure back to normal, then it looses it again. Someone told me it could be a stopped up pickup, or the oil pump shaft is...
  17. Are Bronco2 fenders the same as ranger fenders?

Like title says. i need a drivers fender for bronco2 but junk yard only has rangers.
  18. What year did Ford stop putting the 9" rear in the Bronco?

Like title says. What year? Also what transfer case in a 84 with 5.0
  19. did the V8 explorer ever come in 2x4?

2000 model year/
  20. Anyone have a good write up on replacing 8.8 parking brake shoes?

I pulled them off and it was a pain. Any good write up on putting them back on. I though I would never be able to get the rear spring loose. I have disk brake rear. its only the parking brake shoes I am having issues with.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad