• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1. 93 Ranger 3.0 distributor problem

Last Monday on the way to work the Ranger shut off on the freeway. Had it towed home and looked it over. The rotor wasn't turning when the engine was cranked. I pulled the distributor (have never done this before on any vehicle) and found two worn teeth on the drive gear. (The bushings are...
  2. Edgefevah

Its business time.

So here it is, my ford ranger. my first 4wd truck and over the time that I have owned it i have really grown to liking how easy parts are to come by for it and how cheap some of them can be. This is what it looked like when I bought it. since then I hydrolocked my first engine(totally didn't...
  3. My only truck has an intermittent timing problem. 2.3 liter, 1993, 2 wheel drive, 5sp

My daily driver has an intermittent problem that is seemingly ignition or timing related. I can start it up and drive it around just fine most days but sometimes it acts like it jumped time then for no reason starts running right again sometimes within a minute sometimes not for hours. It...
  4. ohv to since swap questions

Howdy guys, this is my first post! I've had my ranger for a little over a year now, and she needs a new engine! Its a 93, and it has the 4.0 overhead valve engine, and I can get my hands on a 2001 4.0 for a real decent price. I've perused through the forums quite a bit now, but I still have a...
  5. this user name may change

1988 ranger plus some 1993 expl.

at the junk yard i found an explorer(93) with the premium sound, i pulled the whole rear setup (amps + sub) my question is 1. which amp does the speakers, theres a silver one and a black one 2 what is the pin out for above amp (left, right, power) i think the amp for the sub is straight...
  6. 93 X Cab 4.0 5spd mileage woes

Truck is a 1993 Ranger Ext Cab 4.0 4WD 5spd with a 21 gallon tank,3 inch body lift running 235/75/15s,axle code is R6 IIRC. Just picked this truck about a month ago. When i purchased the truck it was getting 12mpg and had a HORRIBLE misfire..it literally ran like it was running on 5 cylinders...
  7. bourcier700

93 Ranger Rad Support Question

Hey not sure if this is the right place to post this question but I recently got a new aftermarket rad support in a deal with a bunch of other parts that is for a 95 to 97. My Truck is a 93 Ranger and when checking mine over I noticed that the inner fenders are welded onto the rad support, So my...
  8. bourcier700

Help With Duel Exhaust Measurements

Hey Im looking to put a cheap duel exhaust on my 93 Ranger reg cab with 114 wheelbase. I was thinking Y pipe out of the muffler then duels from there. Wondering if anybody has done this and if they know the measurements for all the bends (I know I could go measure it myself but want to see what...
  9. EGR Bypass fix

I have a 1993 Ford Ranger 4.0L auto 4x4 with California emisions. I just had to replace the driver's side exhaust manifold due to a crack in it. I replaced it with a manifold that doesn't have the provisions for the EGR Valve tube. After doing the swap I did some more research and it appers...
  10. Emergency Brake/ABS Lights Issue

Hi I'm new to this site and have questions concerning my '93 Ranger. I'm female and invariably feel mechanics are pushing their luck with me about what's wrong with my truck. Since I'm not a mechanic I've joined this site to learn more about the problems I'm experincing w/my truck. My Ranger's...
  11. EGR Tube - 1993

I need help identifying a replacement for this EGR Tube. It's fairly rotted with holes, so I don't think repairing/welding the old one will work well. '93 3.0L V6, 4WD, AT I "think" I found the Ford replacement part on their webpage, but none of the online parts diagrams match. Most of the...
  12. 93 Ford Ranger

I changed the spark plugs in my 1993 Ford Ranger and at first it ran really good. I live in Arkansas and am in Texas visiting and I was going to go back to Arkansas this week end. Now my Ranger is running on 3 cylinders. Any ideas what could be wrong? Please help! :shok:
  13. No spark 93

My 93 died on me driving down the road. No spark detected, installed a new coil and still no spark. I read around the forum and got info about the cam sensor and the ICM. The problem is I don't know how to test these components for failures. I have power to the coil but the other cable gives me...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad