• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

03 4x4 body lift

waarloc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I want to put a 3" PA body lift on my truck. Will I be able to fit a 16x10" rim with 33" tires on it? Also I wanted to do a torsion bar crank. How much lift can you get from torsion crank, and whats the best way to level the rear?
blocks or shackles? I thought shackles straightened out the leafs destroying the ride.

Fx4wannabe01

February 2010 OTOTM Winner
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
1. Yes. 16x10 and 33x12.50s fit a 3" bodylifted 98+ truck just fine. Just be mindful of the backspace of the wheel. Keep it between 3.5-4.5 backspace. Minor trim of the valence may possibly be needed with a lower backspace wheel. I run 10's w/ 4" backspace and it's about perfect.

2. Crank them bars some....about 4 total rotations of the adjustment bolt is what I suggest. It's a variable because it all depends on the wear of your bars currently. Some only get 1.5" out of them when maxed out, others get 2.0". And before you ask, YES, one bolt is supposed to be deeper than the other. This compensates the additional weight on the drivers side.

3. Leave the rear stock unless you want the raked look.

4. Shackles actually tend to help it ride better, at least on this particular application. I noticed a difference.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals