• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

09 tail lights,,in a 98

basshead

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0 bored
Transmission
Automatic
picked up some 09 tail lights with the two bulb set up
hooked them up in mine temporary with the signal light in the reverse slot and the brake in the top red slot..
and just left the reverse unplugged.
has anyone else done something (besides wiring it into a 2 light set up via trailer connector) that makes the light work with all three bulbs? the signal is just waaayyy to bright in the reverse slot

basshead

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0 bored
Transmission
Automatic
i dont want to use the bottom chamber either.. ive seen someone in here that drilled a second hole into the reverse chamber so the signal AND reverse lights could fit, and just used smaller bulbs..i cannot find the thread now though

James86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,
Ford,
Engine Size
3.0 Flex Fuel, 2.5L, 3.3 Flex Fuel
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
WHY DO I KEEP BUYING DODGES?!?!?
I picked up the new light housings for my 99 as well, but while it has the bulbs and plugs, i really wish I'd hacked the connecters off at the junkyard as well, since I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to convert the wiring over....

basshead

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0 bored
Transmission
Automatic
I picked up the new light housings for my 99 as well, but while it has the bulbs and plugs, i really wish I'd hacked the connecters off at the junkyard as well, since I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to convert the wiring over....
yeah i dont want to hack into the wiring..i might just drill another socket into the reverse chamber so i have the signal and revers in the same spot, just put smaller bulbs in so the signals arent so bright

backroad101

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Last edited:

basshead

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0 bored
Transmission
Automatic
alright so i tried drilling the bottom out, i didnt like the look it gave when signaling..so i just deleted the reverse light altogether, stuck my signal bulb(orange) in the reverse chamber and the brake in the top..looks better imo

backroad101

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Automatic
So what do you do if you are in a situation where you need to back up and there is someone behind you? Wave your arms and hope they understand? Just remember you can't get mad at them if they are like WTF or cant read your mind.

Also, what if you don't see someone back there, back up and they have no indication they need to accommodate. Hope no one sues you if back into them.

If you want to stick with what you have, may want to look into a small super bright LEDs to mount somewhere

basshead

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0 bored
Transmission
Automatic
So what do you do if you are in a situation where you need to back up and there is someone behind you? Wave your arms and hope they understand? Just remember you can't get mad at them if they are like WTF or cant read your mind.

Also, what if you don't see someone back there, back up and they have no indication they need to accommodate. Hope no one sues you if back into them.

If you want to stick with what you have, may want to look into a small super bright LEDs to mount somewhere
i have two 55w lights on top of my roll bar facing backward for cargo/back up light lol

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals