• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1350 change out

87danger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
hello im new here but loving it! Any way im in the middle of changing out my t case, and the case i got for free has a diffarent tail shaft mount on it im just going to un bolt the old mount and throw it on the new case!!! I no for a fact they are both 1350 manuel shifts but my truck is a 87 ranger five speed and the case im puting in it came out of a 88 bronco 2!! any way this is not going to be a brob will it??? and what should i tourq that big bolt two??? that bolt looks like its about a inch and a quarter!!!! please help!!!

metalmacguyver

Yeah, I built that.
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 7.3
Transmission
Manual
That nut is 30 millimeter. My Kobalt socket fits just perfect inside the flange. I usually hit it with my electric impact wrench to put it on. It usually is not enough to take it off though.

To take it off I usually put it in 4x4, use a pipe wrench to holt the front yoke and put that under a car tire. I then jump on the breaker bar thats being used to remove the rear output nut.

I have no idea what to torque it too. I just make it good and tight.

It is also a good time to replace the seal thats there as it is cheap preventative maintenance.

mkpecor

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger 4x4
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
if they are both 5-speeds it should be no prob. the prob would be the front drive shaft being to short, but youll find out when you put it in. get that flang nut as tight as you can. good luck.

87danger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks Alot!!!!

87danger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
So My Truck Is A 5 Speed And If That Bronco 2 Was A Auto I Am For Sure Going To Have Problems Because all I Seen That Was Differnt Was That Shaft Going To The rear drive line Being Differnt That Was It!! but i can change that out with the new one on the new case!!!!

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals