• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1354 Front Yoke Information

Kage

March 2012 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'm looking to swap out my rear flange on my 1354 for a 1310 yoke. I know I can use the front output yoke from the 1354 to accomplish this, but I am having trouble locating one in my local Junk Yards. Even If I found one in the Junk Yard, I'm not sure that i could get it off without being able to shift the T-case into 4wd (which means pulling a shift motor and manually shifting it, can be done, but a bit of a pain).

So, I'm trying to find a "new" yoke, but I'm coming up dry which leads me to my questions.

-What's the Spline count of these yokes?
-What size spline are these yokes?

I'm hoping that I can find a pinion yoke to use, but without a yoke in hand to measure, it makes it hard to figure out what I need.

Alternatively, if someone happens to have a yoke laying around, let me know :icon_thumby:

Todd

HCT
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
90/92/99/04
Make / Model
BIITR
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
Pulling the shift motor and shifting the case is really easy. Pull the shift motor and turn the shaft, hell that's what I do on my wheelin rig. When I lock the hubs I reach under and shift the rear t-case, really easy.

As for what the shaft diameter and spline count are I have an extra in the rig I can get it and see for you. But I would say you are better off just getting one at a yard.

You should be able to find one at a yard, any 1354 from a ranger, b2 or explorer will work. I find it hard to believe no local yard has any around.

Kage

March 2012 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Pulling the shift motor and shifting the case is really easy. Pull the shift motor and turn the shaft, hell that's what I do on my wheelin rig. When I lock the hubs I reach under and shift the rear t-case, really easy.

As for what the shaft diameter and spline count are I have an extra in the rig I can get it and see for you. But I would say you are better off just getting one at a yard.

You should be able to find one at a yard, any 1354 from a ranger, b2 or explorer will work. I find it hard to believe no local yard has any around.
Thanks for the reply! The yards around here aren't the best (Well at least the ones that are open on the weekends anyway). I did score another yoke and did a quick writeup on the swap that includes the measurments of the yoke.

Link to the post

5.0fox

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
what did you do for bolts? I swapped the same yoke onto the back of my 1354 so i could use an explorer front shaft in the back of my b2 now both the yoke and double cardan are threaded. what did you do for the bolts that hold this?

Kage

March 2012 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
what did you do for bolts? I swapped the same yoke onto the back of my 1354 so i could use an explorer front shaft in the back of my b2 now both the yoke and double cardan are threaded. what did you do for the bolts that hold this?
The statment I bolded has me a bit confused here...

The yoke off of the 1354 should not be threaded.

The double cardan (Drive shaft) should be threaded.

If your yoke is threaded for some strange reason, just drill it out to clear the Drive shaft bolts.

Hope that helps.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals