• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1354m swap

jkent

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
I just completed the 1354m swap and was wondering if anyone knows how to make the indicator lights work in the dash with the 1354m. There is a two wire plug in the 1354m case which i assume is for the indictor lights.

As for makign the lights work?

Look on your firewall near the big round firewall connector, in that
general area there will be a small two conductor connector, there will be a plain light blue wire and a light blue wire with a black stripe.

IF you can find ANY gen2 4x4 truck with a manual T-case the wire that runs to the MANUAL T-case is a seperate two wire "harness" that runs to the t-case position indicator switch and connects to that plug near the firewall connector.

That's all you generally need... just plug it in at both ends and tie it to
other wiring to keep it from getting tangled in the driveshaft...

AD
With some searching i found the above but that was for a 95 Ranger with knob 4x4 engagment vs. my push button 4x4 engagment. Is it the same? Is it correct that all I need is the two wire harness that goes from the tcase to the firewall? plug and play? does anyine have pictures of where the harness attches on the firewall? Thank you!

Yellowsplash

U.S. Military - Active
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
The position sensor mounted towards the front of the transfer case controls the indicator lights in the dash. (Solid Grey, and Blue/Black stripe wires). On my '95 (yours possibly can be different) the wiring harness is routed through the floorboard of the cab. The manual transfer case wiring harness is needed from the donor for it to be plug and play. It replaces the shift motor harness that is routed through the floorboard of the cab into the bundle of wiring harness that runs down beside the drivers side door sill and ends under the drivers seat. It is under a foot long and plugs into the same harness connector the shift motor originally did. Essentially the same connector with only 2 wires pinned in it. I suppose you could just tap into the correct wires if you couldn't find or don't have access to the actual manual harness from the donor truck. Just be sure that you disconnect or unplug the harness connectors to your shift control module by the rear jump seats to prevent the module from flashing error codes on your dash.

Downey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
pretty sure there is a write up in the tech section too

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals