• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1987 bronco full size no power

nesralyrrej

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0 s/c
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Make it fast, Make it loud.
So I have a bronco with a swapped in 351 Out of a88 bronco fuel injected. It's giving me trouble right now that's where used to not kick on the fuel pump and I found the the Eec relay and the fuel pump relay were both corroded to shit. I bought new relays and connectors and soldered them in but now the truck acts like there's not a battery in it, no dome light no dash lights no horn no wipers no headlights, nothing except the starter because I have the switch wired directly to the battery.. So does anyone know what I should do? I need this old girl up and running by tonight any help would be greatly appreciated

Spott

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
First, double-check your battery connections, and any associated wires and connectors. There's a chance something is loose there.

Then, you need to double-check your wiring, and after that your fuses or (most likely) fusible links.

You probably got something wired up wrong that fried a link. The most likely culprit is a power wire shorted to ground.

A multi-tester would be a good diagnostic tool; if you don't have one, you can get a cheap one for about $15 that will do the job, and be quite useful for many future repairs.

nesralyrrej

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0 s/c
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Have checked my wiring and I am 100% sure it's correct. Battery is hooked up just fine none of my fuses are blown that I can see, Fuseable links are harder to test though

enjr44

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 2X4; 08 FX4
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Well, I used to date an old school NASCAR mechanic's daughter. His advise, when I fixed something and something else stopped working, was, "You broke it, go back and do it over!!!"

Spott

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Permit me to play the cynic, and point out that if your wiring were 100% correct, we wouldn't be having this conversation in the first place. Either you cut a wire you shouldn't have, or you blew a fuse or link.

If you want your truck to run tonight, you're going to have to find what wiring was wrong, whether it's still wrong, and what needs corrected or replaced.

Big Jim M

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Have checked my wiring and I am 100% sure it's correct.

How many times have we heard this?

Big Jim

nesralyrrej

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0 s/c
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Big jimmy long time no see. My wiring was correct as I had thought. The positive lead on the stater solenoid had become corroded between connections. And when re hooking up the battery somehow had made me lose connection, took it apart and cleaned it and she fired up in one crank. Thanks for the help guys!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals