• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1994 347/c4 build -project- rebel rouser

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Looking good brotha as usual . I've been slacking in the ranger . Diving back into the rx7 again since the weather is getting nicer for street tuning . No heater .

I just wanna go fast [emoji48]

prymetime1

Reaction score
^^^thanks broskie. Hoping to get things moving here again with good weather on its way.

Today I got over my rents n got it out. Ran well but eventually threw another alternator belt. Not sure the issue is but I am going to swap the pully to the stock one and see if that makes any difference. I had my tools on with me and some extra belts so a few turns of the wrench n was back on my way. I did use a $22 Napa belt vs the $6 AZ belts I've been using. Hoping it fixes it but we'll see.
I got to the junk yard and picked up my goodies minus the gauge cluster.

The drive shaft is much much lighter than my two pc, here's to oem ford upgrades :)
spindles look like hell but should clean up decent. I'll get the slotted n drilled rotors in up coming weeks. The calipers may or may not be seized so well see on that too.
I'll also be ordering new busings, ball joints, shocks and lowering kit.
Will also be looking for braided brake lines, any one have suggestion on those?
As for out back, I'll still be doing the explorer rear only probably swapping gears down my stock 3.08s or a new set of 3.33s. I'm looking to drop my highway cruise rpms a few and get some more top end speed. The 275 60 17 nittos are supposed to be 28 inches tall vs the 245 45 17s being only 26ish. That should help bring it close to where it was with the stock 235 75s.....hopefully. still researching tires since I'd like to change them out.
Pretty much it.

IRKillroy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Semper Fidelis
If you keep throwing belts then I suggest you take the alternator bracket off and make sure the bolts seat all the way down into the block without the bracket. You may be having some torque issues that allow some bracket flex. I've had this issue before; you think the bolt is tight but upon further inspection it's not torquing down properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prymetime1

Reaction score
If you keep throwing belts then I suggest you take the alternator bracket off and make sure the bolts seat all the way down into the block without the bracket. You may be having some torque issues that allow some bracket flex. I've had this issue before; you think the bolt is tight but upon further inspection it's not torquing down properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll def check that again too bud. Thanks for the suggestion. Guna swap out pullies also since it's getting annoying. Lol.

prymetime1

Reaction score
I swapped out pullies today. Seems there is a slight difference in the V.

Lil closer:

Checked the bolts on the bracket and they were al tight. I ran it after the swap and it seems in line so time will tell when I get it out next.

Also made some progress on my blower box but forgot to snap pics. So next time on that.
Ono.

prymetime1

Reaction score
Finally a note worthy update.
Saturday was sweet up here and I had to get back wrenching. some good news n some bad news.

First the good ish.

1. The new belt n old pully seem to be working better. Got some miles with no issues.
2. Picked up my gauge cluster n got to work on it.
Took it apart to see what I had to work with and found its pretty basic and should work for my idea.
I picked up a new 160mph speedo to use and I really didn't like having the gauges out of view so, they'll be moved back into the cluster.
Here's some progress:
Out of an 93-94 automatic with tach:

Bezel off, tracing the template:

All apart, see what I am working with:

Also made some slight progress with my blower box, this just mocked up:

It may or may not go in..still need to decide.

So, that's it for good stuff, now some shitty news.
Before I took it out, I put it in gear, it didn't want to move till it hit 2500 rpm. Checked the fluid n it was a lil low so I added some. Let it idle a few and checked, all good now. Takes off 1500 ish. I'm out enjoying a good ride....gauges are good....pully n belt are good and I'm using GPS to verify my speed. New tires tossed it off a good 10mph at 75 mph. It's sitting at 3k rpm tho. Rear tires are getting swapped for some bigger meats.. just a few weeks.
Back to it....I'm local and at a light. Put it down in 1..figured leave the light n go through the gears for a lil fun. Yeah, NO. Shit spins first n gives up ghost, bout 30ft off light...won't move.. so I get it off the road safe and go over shit. Can't see anything...fluids good but Only have reverse....put it in 1,2 or 3 and it'll Rev like in neutral. So after a few minutes a quick call to the gecko and my roadside assistance is there in 45. :(

Dropped it at my rents so I can call the shop that did the work and see what's up. Not sure what gives on the trans but from what I've read read read and read some more....it's internal...hoping it'll be covered under the warranty and I can get it back quick. I'm hoping to have the truck brought down to them so they can see what's going on with it rather than dropping it again myself.
It's been running damn good and hella fun so this was a pretty big let down.

As for the tires on the rear, I found some 275 60 17s that are supposedly 30 inches tall:

That would put my rpms in a more acceptable range n get my top end back.

Hopefully have good news tomorrow.

prymetime1

Reaction score
Good news, Called the shop and its still under warranty so should be covered. Dude seems to think it striped the input shaft Or the clutch packs went. Having it dropped off this week so well see what happens.
In the mean time I'll mess with the guages and see about them new meats.

prymetime1

Reaction score
Made some progress on the gauge cluster since that's all I can do while waiting for it ha.
OK so first off, I redid the sheet metal using 22g instead of the thinner ish

Cut it out and made it fit where the clear plastic cover would usually sit. I used my dads big vice n longer pc of angle iron to get the lower bend so it wouod hug the bottom of the cluster. Was able to use heavy duty shears, my newly acquired Dremel tool n bi metal hole saws to get it cut up decently clean.

After I centered the speedo n cut it out I mapped out n cut the oil pressure n temp gauge holes:

From there I used the supplied speedo template and copied the holes to transfer to other side (gas / volts)

From there I cut the back of the cluster to make some room:

And here's where I'm at till I get some supplies n truck back.

shows extra room for speedo.

I have some ideas to put led indicators for my turn signals n high beams in there as well. I also order up red and white led bulbs to replace the whole dash and gauges. Not sure what I'm going to use yet, gotta see how they look to decide.
So, that's it till I hear back on the trans damage. Hoping it is something simple....
Happy SPRING everyone!

Ono

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Man brotha coming along great . I like the heater box routing you've done . The gauges look great so far . Keep it coming .

Ford78

December 2012 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
351w
Transmission
Manual
Gauges mount looks good! I did the same with mine. Did u hear back on what was wrong with the transmission?

prymetime1

Reaction score
Man brotha coming along great . I like the heater box routing you've done . The gauges look great so far . Keep it coming .

Dude, thanks for the props. Not sure that is going to live there or not still trying to figure it all out. I stole yo idea for thr blower box tho so thx!
Gauges mount looks good! I did the same with mine. Did u hear back on what was wrong with the transmission?
Thanks broskie! Not yet. I'll give them some time to mess around but hopefully I hear back by the weekend.

gsp

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Nice hobby....

prymetime1

Reaction score
Been 2 weeks....I miss the delux :(
Spoke to dude and he said he was getting to it this week so hoping to hear something by the weekend.
Weathers been eh, working some OT to fund some more fun ish.

84FreakRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Bro you are awesome, love that heater box and the gauges. Wished we lived closer so we could help each other and cruise the streets like Street Outlaws Ok. not New Orleans.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals