• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1994 347/c4 build -project- rebel rouser

BLOODBANE

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORDFORD
Engine Size
347, 4.oh
Transmission
Automatic
Same with my dual exhaust.

I dump mine in front of the axle though. Passenger side is pretty much a straight shot. driver side crosses over, then back.

There is actually more room than what it looks like (front driveshaft clearance). Im using the HeadMan headers.

prymetime1

Reaction score
Bloodbane, thanks for showing the exhaust. Actually looking fwd to that part...means I'll have made some good progress.

I don't have much to update today as I just got ready for the rest of the week.
I dropped the fabric off to be sewn together. I'll have that back Thursday.
I got my fuel take almost out. B is fighting it's way but I should be able to get it out completely tomorrow....just ran out of day light.
I also pulled the driver side mount since it wasn't playing nice and stretched the slots out about 1/2 inch to hopefully give me the room to sit it nicely....it's so close as it is now.
Also, as of now testing the radiator showed it to be super tight. I'll have to address moving it up under alil so I can run the electric fan....not sure how I'm going to attack that but I'll post pics tomorrow and take some measurements.
Hopefully get some parts in tomorrow and make some nice progress. I need to power wash the rust n ish off the underside too, working with ish falling on ya Sucks. Rusty ass north east cars. Lol. If it's nice enough out I'll try n get some of my lil paint projects done.

Ono.

prymetime1

Reaction score
The weather has been sweet the past couple of days so I took full advantage of it and got a bunch of stuff done.

I finished getting the fuel tank out, was hitting the axle so I jacked it up higher from the rear n wiggled it out. Getting the rest of the fuel out was a trip.

I got the engine set in the mounts finally, I had to modify the slots alil longer and then on the passenger side cross member, I slotted the holes for vertical adjustment. That did the trick.

Ungly but worked:

I got to getting the tool box off and bed power washed. Power washed the underside too.
Bed was in rough shape:

Got it all cleaned, wiped down and trucklined:

From there I moved fwd with working on the trans. I drained n cleaned it some more and then installed a new filter and deep sump pan:

From there I took a break and brought my tired pup home
And picked up my headliner material.
Got started on that:

Still need to cut the holes out for the light and visors but it turned out decent so far. I'll let it set overnight and trim away tomorrow.

From there I worked on getting the engine backing plate and flex plate on.

Had to wait for my pops to get home to hold the breaker bar on the crank while i torqued the 6 bolts to 85lbs. It's ready to go now.

I waited thr 2 hours for the liner ish to dry and applied another coat. It came out decent. That pic is from first coat.

I also figured where I'm mounting the fuel pump. Inside the passenger side frame rail should keep it safe and easy to get to:

Got the try Y headers in and they are much nicer than the others I picked up, I'm hoping they work easier and clear everywhere.
Also while under the truck, I clearanced the floor where I thought it would need. Bfh did the job there pretty good. Didn't snap pics but I'll grab some tomorrow to show the damage.

So I think that's it for today's update.

Brings me to this ? Easier to do the trannys from below or does it go in with the engine better?

Right now I'm ready to fit the trans and see where my cross member is going to need relocating. Maybe I'll luck out but we'll see. From there I can see what drive shaft is looking like.

I also plan on plumbing the fuel system tomorrow.

Feeling good about the progress and enjoyed the wench time. [emoji2]

Ono

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Looking good man . Really dig the headliner , makes me want to pull mine out and finally fix it so it stops raining asbestos all over my dreads lol as far as trans goes, even though I had to beat the tunnel in on the driver side and cut the ears off the sides of the trans bellhousing . I think going from under is the best route . You'll be going in and out with the motor and trans to possibly make more room from above . You would have to get some crazy angle and not hit anything also going In And out . I'm really wanting to go to a fuel cell like you and put it where the spare tire used to be under the bed

I just wanna go fast [emoji48]

prymetime1

Reaction score
Hey dude, thanks. It was one of the lil jobs I wanted to tackle since I kinda of had experiance with redoing my foxbody's. Total with my alteration is 30 bucks. And thanks for the heads up for the trans.....been pondering it and I'm going to make something to stabilize the trans on my jack to go from under. I'm getting antsy here. Gotta go pick up my fittings and fuel line tomorrow at some point so I can button that all up.

prymetime1

Reaction score
Hey ho hey how it's off to wrench I go....and that's how I kicked off today[emoji41]

So not to much to update on today as it took me all of it to get my trans situated.

I will say this, having never done a transmission install or much experience in the hot rodding world, getting the damn thing up in its new home was quite the accomplishment....for one, I didn't have a transmission jack...two, I was doing this all solo....three, the cross member had to be relocated forward and that meant all sorts of fun. I tackled it as so.

Got it all under the truck and maneuvered sorta into position:

Found I needed to clearance the Frame on the passenger side:

Knocked that down with the grinder:

Got the new holes to mount crossmenber:

Got it in place :

Here's pics of the tunnel clearancing I did with the Bfh yesterday :

Here's the clearance between the firewall n engine:

From under:

Making sure everything is looking good:

And here's a quick one of the bed n cell....still need to tackle this system:

So it was a pretty good day and I feel good as to the progress I've made. Gotta take a few days off to help move the gf bit hope to grab the fuel system material to get that plumbed n done at some point this weekend.
Also, I am pretty sure the B&M shifter will work with the stock shifter hole.

So that's it for today folks.

84FreakRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Nice job brother. I upload a video of my ranger

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
I'm very interested in the b&m shifter setup . I really want to go to floor shifter since I installed the expo seats and have space now . You cranking away brotha for sure .

prymetime1

Reaction score
Thanks broskies...seeing as both your trucks are up and running has provided much inspiration to get this this finished up. I hope I can continue to make progress n have it wheels down by thanksgiving....weather, time n money permiting.

I'm also interested to see how the B&M works out. Alot of ppl go with the truck or mega shifter...I figured for the money the star would suit my needs n maybe sit lower since your not to high up in these trucks. Ive seen some sorta sloppy installs and I'm hoping to make this nice clean n factory looking.

Now that the trans and crossmenber are in place, I'll need to drop it back down to install the converter and tackle the shifter linking n wiring...

Gotta keep on keeping on :)

84FreakRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have the B&M Shifter, I have it where the factory floor shifter was in mine.

prymetime1

Reaction score
I have the B&M Shifter, I have it where the factory floor shifter was in mine.
Hey 84, do u have a kick down set up on yours? My pops was telling me about this and I need to research it since I'm not sure my shifter came with. Supposed to down shift when stomping throttle? What model B&M do u have in yours and how do u like it?

84FreakRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hey 84, do u have a kick down set up on yours? My pops was telling me about this and I need to research it since I'm not sure my shifter came with. Supposed to down shift when stomping throttle? What model B&M do u have in yours and how do u like it?
Yes I do have a kickdown rod but it is not hook up yet because I need to get the adapter for it for my edelbrock carb. I have the B&M Z-Gate Shifter and I love them. I had them in every race car I own. not bad price too at $172. if you have any more questions just hit me up brother.

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
1994 347/c4 build -project name pending

What trans are you using again man . I work at Aamco transmissions . I actually just installed a aod in a 65 mustang with a 289 today .It had a new small Holley on it with a lokar kick down kit . Was a nice piece actually . And was a bolt on kit for the most part which I thought was nice .

You just gotta make sure it's adjusted right , you'll burn up a trans if you don't

Last edited:

prymetime1

Reaction score
What trans are you using again man . I work at Aamco transmissions . I actually just installed a aod in a 65 mustang with a 289 today .It had a new small Holley on it with a lokar kick down kit . Was a nice piece actually . And was a bolt on kit for the most part which I thought was nice .

You just gotta make sure it's adjusted right , you'll burn up a trans if you don't

Got a c4 out of a 73 302 mustang...was just looking at some of those kits....kinda pricey for what it is but will probably pick one up. Heading to the speed shop tomorrow for fittings n line so I'll check n see what they got.

prymetime1

Reaction score
Quick update. i got alil time in on the truck today, I figured to tackle the electrical:

So since the truck is only an xl it doesn't have many options to work with. As a matter a fact, the power distribution box only had a few things sending power to....no ac, no fuel pump, no eec to power...

Below that there were a bunch of big fuses that weren't even going to anything. I figured since I'm going old school carb set up I really just need the lights, blinkers, wipers n sprayers as far as wires go in the bay for the harness. That'll eliminate about a mile of that spegetti mess u see above. I did get to thinking about using the opened relays in the box to power up the fuel pump n e fans so well see how that plays out....I don't mind working on electrical since I do actually have a few years of electrical engineering behind me...hope I remember some of it :)

also, went and picked up some fittings to plumb the fuel system. I got to talking to the owner about fuel line and he schooled me on the differences...very cool of him...and from there advised to not use the steel braided line as its harder to bend it around...next up was regular pte hose but damn ish was 5 bucks a foot. He said for my application it would be fine to use 1/2 inch rubber rated fuel line. I'll grab that from the local parts store this week.

So...@atx, do u have the wire schematics available? Interested on the round white thing with the numbers on it (next to the cpu on the driver side) with all the wires coming out into the harness.

Ono

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals