• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1994 Ford Bronco Build

brinker88

11/2013 OTOM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Those cab mounts are a PITA to replace. Look up Mill Supply (rustrepair.com). They sell them for decent prices. Broncograveyard.com also carries them.

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Those cab mounts are a PITA to replace. Look up Mill Supply (rustrepair.com). They sell them for decent prices. Broncograveyard.com also carries them.
Thanks! LMC doesn't offer them for the 92-96s. I thought I was going to have the shop custom fab something.

brinker88

11/2013 OTOM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks! LMC doesn't offer them for the 92-96s. I thought I was going to have the shop custom fab something.
No problem :icon_thumby:

Thank goodness mine aren't too bad. I ended up having to replace the floors though.

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
I just ordered new rims and tires!

I settled on the American Outlaw Patrol wheels (16" diameter)

And Cooper Discoverer AT3 tires (P265-70R16 size)

Ordered from Discount Tire Direct, they send them already mounted and balanced, with new lug nuts. With all the discounts and rebates they're offering, the total came to about $960. I wasn't planning on buying wheels and tires just yet, but I couldn't pass this deal up.

brinker88

11/2013 OTOM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Not a bad deal at ALL on the combo. I don't care for the wheels though. Something like you're building needs something classic, like Mickey Thompson classic IIs or something of the sort. I am kind of curious as to what they're going to look like.

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
It seems like everyone and their brother has the Mickey Thompson wheels, or something really similar. I'm kind of sick of seeing them all the time. I wanted something different. I played around with Microsoft Paint to see how these would look and I think they're gonna look killer.

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
My mom texted me and said my wheels/tires have arrived this morning. Usually when something gets delivered to my house via UPS, it comes at around 5:00 PM. But the delivery guy said the tires are huge and there was no way he was gonna drive around all day with them lol! I'll be installing them tonight, just to see how they look. I may take them right back off until I get the front end done, though. I'll definitely get some pics with them on.

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic

I didn't have time to clean the blue crap off last night, but I think these look absolutely bitchin! I tried looking for open center caps, so the manual hubs can poke through. I couldn't find any online. I might just cut holes in the ones I have.

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Yesterday I cut the center caps so they would fit over the hubs, and I cleaned the blue crap off the tires.

brinker88

11/2013 OTOM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
:icon_thumby: Looks good bud! Now get that rust fixed!!

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Front suspension rebuild is first. I gotta get this thing drivable so I can enjoy it. Body work may have to wait a little while, it's going to cost a couple thousand getting all that fixed and I need to save up for it. I have a wedding to pay for and I'm trying to save up for a house, so funds are limited.

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
So my workplace apparently blocked Photobucket, so I can't upload more pics at work. I'll do it soon when I get a chance at home. I've been working on fixing my transmission cooler lines. They were leaking right near where they go into the radiator. The ends were kinda FUBAR, so I cut the lines kind of right underneath the engine, slid on some 5/16" tube nuts, and flared the ends. I ordered some hose barb fittings that will thread right on the ends. I also installed hose barbs in the radiator. Now I just need to run rubber hose from the ends of the metal lines to the radiator. This will make it easy to add an aux cooler in the future if I want. I just need to wait for the fittings to be delivered and I can finish that.

I also installed a drain plug in the front diff, following the directions I found here:
http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18468

I finally got around to re-installing the driver's door panel.

Ah, let's see what else...I ordered a bunch of rust-encapsulating paint and stuff from Eastwood. I will spray the frame while I have the coil buckets and steering box out, and will eventually coat the entire frame and underside of the body.

I began removing the steering box. The pitman arm is being an absolute bitch to remove, as expected. I may just say to hell with it and buy a new pitman arm for the new box and forget about removing the old one. But I haven't given up just yet.

Finally, I ordered new shocks today. I have the quad shocks in the front, so I got to spend twice as much on front shocks, yay.

brinker88

11/2013 OTOM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
For the pitman arm, use a pitman arm puller. Tighten it up WITHOUT an impact until you cant tighten it any more, then hit the side of the pitman arm with a hammer. Do that a couple times and they pop right off

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Tried that, still not coming off. There's not much room to swing a hammer. The box is kind of tucked up and there's a lot of crap around it. I'll probably remove the box from the truck first, then try to separate the arm on the workbench.

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
For the pitman arm, use a pitman arm puller. Tighten it up WITHOUT an impact until you cant tighten it any more, then hit the side of the pitman arm with a hammer. Do that a couple times and they pop right off
Yuppers. Works almost every time. Same idea as smacking the knuckle to loosen tapered tie rod ends VS the dumbass mentality that the mushrooming the threaded stud is the only way to beat it out.lol

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals