• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1994 FORD RANGER 2.3 OBD1 TEST INTERFACE QUESTION

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
I wanted to connect an OBD Interface to my INOVA OBD1 READER however I do not seem to have the connection for the secondary pin that goes alongside the 6 pin connector.

When I got the truck there were wires cut there by the ECC TEST interface and only 3 wires go into the 6 pin connector and there are no other connectors for the secondary connector.

I am assuming it is one of the wires coming from the ECC but I do not know which one.

Does anyone know which wire goes to the secondary pin on the INOVA OBD1 code reader?

Also IF I can identify the wire(s) can I just crimp the wire to a spade-connector and slide that onto the pin on the OBD1 reader or do I need to get the plastic female interface for it and reconnect it to the wires first?

Thanks in advance. I'll try to attach some pics later.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Just trying to find out if anyone knows which wire [from the ECC] that would attach to the secondary pin on the INOVA OBD1 code reader?

It is a rectangular connector that plugs in alongside the 6 PIN connector.

Mechrick

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual

I wrote that a few years ago to outline the process of pulling codes in obd1 Fords.

The pigtail should be part of the same harness as the main connector but be aware Ford used the same connector shell for the diagnostic connector for abs and air suspension. Those don't have pigtails.

SenorNoob

TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5" Front + 4" Rear
Tire Size
245-70-R16
Looks like it should be a white with red or purple stripe. Likely connected to pin 48 of the PCM.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual

I wrote that a few years ago to outline the process of pulling codes in obd1 Fords.

The pigtail should be part of the same harness as the main connector but be aware Ford used the same connector shell for the diagnostic connector for abs and air suspension. Those don't have pigtails.
Thanks its not though its been cut off or broke off apparently so thats why I'm trying to figure out which wire it is so I can try to connect it to the reader.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Looks like it should be a white with red or purple stripe. Likely connected to pin 48 of the PCM.
Thanks! Found it, and yup its chewed right off ha ha. I found the adapter that goes to it so I'm going to butt-connect it together and see if this thing can read some codes. THANKS!!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals