• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1994 Washer leveling kit

DangerRanger94XLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0 v6 cold air intake,throttle cable mod.
Transmission
Automatic
Hey guys im really tired of seeing that rake on my truck and want to change it because i dont really want a lift i just want a little more front clearance. Ive heard of some washer mod. could people who have done it post pics or send me where i can get more info about it. and i also heard i could replace them with new stock springs but i dont have 90 bucks at the moment for that and am looking just for a temp raise. i have access to a auto body shop so i have the sky as the limits so throw all your ideas at me.

______________________________________DANGERANGER1994_____________
3.sl0w V6 cold air
Reg cab XLT
4x4
:worthless:

four100d

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
31/10.50-15
Hey guys im really tired of seeing that rake on my truck and want to change it because i dont really want a lift i just want a little more front clearance. Ive heard of some washer mod. could people who have done it post pics or send me where i can get more info about it. and i also heard i could replace them with new stock springs but i dont have 90 bucks at the moment for that and am looking just for a temp raise. i have access to a auto body shop so i have the sky as the limits so throw all your ideas at me.

3.sl0w V6 cold air
Reg cab XLT
4x4
:worthless:

There is no real cheap way to lift the front, unless, (A) you can align it yourself and (B) already have a set of adjustable Camber bushings. The cheapest you can do it for is going to be at least $150 (minus new coils), probably more like $170...

When I done my front end, I didn't see any point in installing spacers, camber/caster bushings, and having it aligned for a total cost of almost a couple hundred dollars without replacing the coils (my coil springs were sagging some).

If I were you, I would wait until you can get the money to replace the coils along with everything else... That is unless you can get a free alignment, and don't mind if your tires get abnormal wear due to not having adjustable bushings. If this is the case you can do it for the cost of the washer spacers...

DangerRanger94XLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for the reply! I have a way to get free alignments not a problem. But i just need ideas to lift the front end. Can i do the washer lift and align my truck? or should i just get new springs.(which i will probably anyway after the washer mod ) I also am wondering if explorer front coils will work to help level it? just a shot out of a cannon. Also if i lift the front end wont it somewhat fix the sagging problem that causes the negative camber.
______________________________________DANGERANGER1 994_____________
3.sl0w V6 cold air
Reg cab XLT
4x4

prerunnerwannabe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Check out the tech library, that should give you a good idea as to what is involved with leveling your truck.

brinker88

11/2013 OTOM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
There is no real cheap way to lift the front, unless, (A) you can align it yourself and (B) already have a set of adjustable Camber bushings. The cheapest you can do it for is going to be at least $150 (minus new coils), probably more like $170...

When I done my front end, I didn't see any point in installing spacers, camber/caster bushings, and having it aligned for a total cost of almost a couple hundred dollars without replacing the coils (my coil springs were sagging some).

If I were you, I would wait until you can get the money to replace the coils along with everything else... That is unless you can get a free alignment, and don't mind if your tires get abnormal wear due to not having adjustable bushings. If this is the case you can do it for the cost of the washer spacers...
I went with rough country's leveling coils and netted 2.5" lift. I used 3 degree camber bushings and it set it almost perfect. I used 2" lift shocks, but they dont seem to be long enough. They limit flex.

$120 - coils
$50 - alignment cams
$60-75 - shocks (2)
________
~$250 - total + alignment ($80)

So roughly 325 total for just leveling the truck out.

legoms013

09/2013 OTOTM
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
I'd do leveling shocks and some steel washers. Again, check the tech library. You can get the washers through Grainger among other places.

Then have it aligned...

88ranger89camaro

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
IDK if its just me but just about every full size truck I see with a level kit is never level, the front is jack up and the ass end is sagging. look like they have a ton of bricks in the bed, but its actually empty

DangerRanger94XLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks guys i checked out tech library. But im not confused about the washer or how they all go together im confused on where they go. and could someone tell me why my profile pic isnt coming up its annoying!

3.sl0w V6 cold air
Reg cab XLT
4x4

kevinsranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks guys i checked out tech library. But im not confused about the washer or how they all go together im confused on where they go. and could someone tell me why my profile pic isnt coming up its annoying!

3.sl0w V6 cold air
Reg cab XLT
4x4
i did the washer lift, and if your like me, your springs are sagged, and the alignment was off anyway, so the alignment bushings were meant for the UNsagged springs, once i put the washers in, i was able to get my alignment closer then without the washers. i say try it, worse case you're out the $20 from grainger for washers.

legoms013

09/2013 OTOTM
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
They go under the coil, under the retainer washer in between there and the beam. There is a stud coming out of the beam they go around.

If you need a pic let me know.

DangerRanger94XLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Pictures would be much appreciated! I think i know what your talking about but i havent takin my front end apart before so im not 100 percent whats under there.

[/IMG]

______________________________________DANGERANGER1 994_____________
3.sl0w V6 cold air
Reg cab XLT
4x4

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals