• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1995 Ranger 1/2 ton

dangerous_rangerous

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Well I posted a couple of pics of my truck in the show section. Now its time to show some pics of my recent SAS in project second time around. The first few pics are my ranger with TTB and 6" lift and then 3/4 ton axles which I didn't like how it turned out. So long story short I went and grabbed some half tons and restarted.

dangerous_rangerous

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Then I grabbed a second frame from a 96 2wd ext cab truck and started ripping out cross members and replacing them with box steel until I had close to zero frame flex. I took out 5 and only put 3 back in and it has a ton less flex.

Downey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
looks good but loss the rear blocks

dangerous_rangerous

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Then came the front axle with everything to mount it that I snagged for $80. Axle is stripped so its easier to move around. Going with smaller coils and track bar mount is not done yet. I like how I didn't have to use lift radius arm brackets and yet still retained great caster and pinion angle. Radius arms are extended 12" and will still get plated. Right now I'm just putting it together so I can tear it back down go get it blasted and painted without having to grind paint back off frame to fab.

Last edited:

dangerous_rangerous

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Then came the rear axle that I dished out $125 for. Came from an 84 f150 2wd. gutted and ready for mounting. I also salvaged the anti wrap perches and shock tabs from my rear d60 from the previous 3/4 ton SAS that I tore back down to rebuild this one. Using Chevy leaves that When I measure eye to eye they are 62" but came from an 88-99 1500. Oh well they are in almost new shape and only paid $70 from the junk yard which is a steal around here and also have a set of 6400 shackles coming and newer hangers. Using same body though and drive line 4.0 and 5 speed just a little more beefed up.

dangerous_rangerous

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
looks good but loss the rear blocks
The picture of the completed SAS is no more I tore the truck back down as I didn't like how it turned out. Redoing it with half ton suspension ans axles. At the time I just wanted to drive it and didn't have money for lift springs so i made a set of cutom 8" blocks out of 1/2" wall 3x4 tubing.

Downey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ok i understand man you could of put all your post into one

dangerous_rangerous

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
ok i understand man you could of put all your post into one
I still haven't mastered being able to put big pictures on the page with captions above each of them. I wanted to post them in order with the stories of each picture.

dangerous_rangerous

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Next piece after axles are mounted is a custom gas tank to go under the middle of the bed in the back of the frame. I had issues with my drive shaft being to close to my gas tank the first time around so I'm going to completely eliminate that problem and put a new tank in a totally different spot.

dangerous_rangerous

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Got some more done since last time I posted. Got the body on (crane trucks come in handy!). Now just onto the loose ends: Breaks, gears installed, fuel system plumbed, shocks, and drive shafts and only 2 more weeks until the Lima 4 Wheel Jamboree! Wish me luck!..... And yes the 32"s are staying. They were free with new tread and look good!!! lol

wohlf 16

Banned
Solid Axle Swap
--- Banned ---
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
What day you goin to Lima? Im gonna go on saturday. I was hoping to have my truck there but an unfortunate axle breakage lead to a 3/4 ton swap thats gonna take longer than planned. Hope you get things together and maybe I will see ya there.

dangerous_rangerous

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I live in Lima so im gonna try and make it friday and saturday and to the wapak pulls sat night.

rangernystyle

U.S. Military - Active
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Dude those rims look killer on that truck, nice job to on the sas looks real good.

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
What you should do is give me your 32's then buy some 35's for yourself:taunt: jk lol

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals