• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2.3L Fuel Injection to Carburetor Coversion

Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Duh, sorry about the topic typo. I meant conversion.

Anyway,
What needs to be done to swap out the 88 Fuel Injection to a Carburetor set up ?
Please don't ask why because I will not answer. I've heard enough criticism lately. :thefinger: I just need to know what has to be done and thats that !
Thanks guys :headbang:

Last edited:

Hagan

08/2013 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
Find a 86 up 2.0L intake manifold and bolt a carb on... or plug the injector holes in the stock manifold (9/16" freeze plugs with some loctite should do it) and hog out the dividers a bit in the lower intake manifold and make a carb adapter

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
Find a 86 up 2.0L intake manifold and bolt a carb on... or plug the injector holes in the stock manifold (9/16" freeze plugs with some loctite should do it) and hog out the dividers a bit in the lower intake manifold and make a carb adapter
this and a durasuck:icon_thumby::icon_thumby:

BRUTUS_T_HOG

Article Contributor
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
lol i bet fixing the fuel injection problem would be easier.

coooome on... whats wrong with it?

John Smith

Reaction score
Duh, sorry about the topic typo. I meant conversion.

Anyway,
What needs to be done to swap out the 88 Fuel Injection to a Carburetor set up ?
Please don't ask why because I will not answer. I've heard enough criticism lately. :thefinger: I just need to know what has to be done and thats that !
Thanks guys :headbang:
you will need a Ford dura-spark type diz for a 2.3L (2.0 diz will work if need be)..buy an carb adapter for your lower intake (they are available aftermarket) get a carb..a weber variant probably..and a fuel pump/regulator sending unit for the tank...the fuel feed is the most work..the diz and carb is pretty easily done...you just need to manage the fuel pressure in the 4#' or so range for the Weber..as other have said..plug a few things..run a few wires...and fire it up..

Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Wow,..3 good replies. I'm impressed. I think I may buy a premium membership if things keep up like this. I've really have gotten hammered for wanting to go carb on another forum.
FYI, there is nothing wrong with my current fuel injection. Just wanting to try something I may discuss later.
One more thing. What vehicle should I pull the Duraspark from ? I mean, are the Pintos and 80s Rangers the same ?

Thanks guys
:icon_thumby:

Last edited:

4b316

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
The distrubutors will work from any of the mustangs,rangers,granadas and some of the later pintos.You don't say if you are racing or not so can't advise on wiring.As stated,use your intake bottom half,Esslingers make a adapter that bolts right on and takes a 350-500 holley.You can go to 4m.net for some more info.While you are at it,bigger cam,port and polish,header.........

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals