• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2.9.to 4.0 do I have what I need ?

2 bronco 11s

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford bronco 11
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Just brought this home . 1990 . This is what I have . 1993 4.0 and 5 speed hooked to it . The complete 91 Ranger 4.0 under hood wireing harness , Ecm to fire wall complete. 1994 Explorer IFS Dana 35 complete including pitman arm . 2.9Y pipe and exhaust . Clutch pedals , standard shift steering column . Correct drive shafts for either the 1350 or 1354 . It’s the electric 1354 . Have acces to the 1354 manual , already have the complete shifter set -up. Yes even the floor plate . What I have seen is the wireing harness is plug and go to the dash ? This BR 11 is rust free and no bondo I can find . I have a good hood that is going to be painted. Am I missing anything other than a lot of work ? PW , ps , cruise , cassette, pl and tilt . Thank you .

Attachments

2 bronco 11s

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford bronco 11
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I saw that . Also saw if the harness I’m getting doesn’t have power windows and locks I may have to add it . That’s no problem. Gonna install new intank fuel pump .I believe I read it will work on the 4.0 ?? The AC isn’t no problem , nor the radiator. Been looking for BR11 for years to put this 4.0 5 speed set up in . Got lucky on the wiring harnesses! It’s will be awhile before I start on it . Gonna get it the shop get the motor out , auto trans is gone . Thanks

SenorNoob

TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5" Front + 4" Rear
Tire Size
245-70-R16
My 2.9 fuel system works fine with my 4.0.

Just keep in mind that the lines from the filter to the fuel are different. They look like they'd just hook up, but they don't. Supply and return are swapped. At least from 88 2.9 to 94 4.0.

2 bronco 11s

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford bronco 11
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Noticed that .The 93 I’m gonna use has them to the frame and the other end . Going the first of the week to get another 91 harness , ecm and the fuel lines if there different . You think of any other misc stuff let me know . Probable get the accelerator cable too . This truck still has the engine in it . Thank you !

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
The lines are different but workable. You should have the intank basket and molded three line tank to engine setup. Just need to put the fuel rail to frame rails 4.0 sections on.

The wiring may need one or two pins moved. But it is the bullet style.

2 bronco 11s

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford bronco 11
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
You don’t recall what pins ? I’m taking my wiring harness for my pw and putting it in this harness .

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals