• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2000 b3000

Scorch

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
Hi there,

So after an unsuccessful attempt 2 years ago at a reliable beater when "Project Exploder" took a turn for the worst as the leaf spring mounts tore out of the rusted frame and the head gasket puked almost immediately after putting in all new gaskets from the lower intake manifold up... I have been working semi-secretly on "Project Razda." She's a 2000 Mazda B3000 with 73,000 original miles which made for a great starter platform, but EVERYTHING was original; including serpentine belt... For a truck that's spent 17 years in Northern Michigan it is in surprisingly good shape. The exhaust had rotted off when I got it, so I constructed a mini 2.5" cat-back that dumps at the rear axle. Full tune up, all new fluids, KYB Gas-a-just struts, entire suspension from the lower control arms up rebuilt with new ball-joints, tie-rods, controls arms and bushings. Front end converted to live-axle to remove the horrible Pulse vacuum hub 4x4 system. And to finish it off, 31x10.5R15 BFG All-Terrain K02's for some off road and snow fun. The rest is mostly cosmetic, but I'm extremely happy with the turnout. Three weeks of late nights and early mornings to get here. Still some cosmetic things to be done over time, but she'll be a blast as is for this winter! Braap! :headbang:

Day I picked it up:

After a good clean up:

How she sits right now:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals