• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

For Sale 2001 Ranger XLT 4.0 SOHC Supercab 4x4

Goop

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I will be Taking some pictures today (Got there and didn't bring my keys! I can take whatever specific picture you want this week, its at my work), I loved this truck but I got hosed on it and have bought a new truck. I have invested more than I paid for the truck... I purchased the truck and did not even make it home. I was told the timing chains had been replaced but ended up having a rebuilt engine put in. The rebuild does not even have 5000 miles on it but I hear some clicking. The truck has 4 new tires, new rear drums and shoes (the bigger option drums), passenger valve cover was replaced, I can think of more if prompted.

I am not a mechanic, if I was I never would have spent thousands on this truck, I would have fixed it up myself, because my wife and I really do love this ranger. It has rust, the dealer gave me the old bondo treatment and like a fool I had no Idea until winter was over. The frame seems fine. 4WD works, heat works, mirrors and windows work, has a hitch, 7 position trailer plug, brake controller.

I would like it to go to a good home or get used for parts on another ranger. Like I said I will post more info but it really would be a great parts truck/daily if someone with some knowledge could just fix it up the rest of the way.

It runs and drives, I just had the thermostat housing replaced and it started a tick when it first starts up and is cold.
$3500 OBO

Attachments

Last edited:

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Price please.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals