• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2011 Ranger Extended cab 2 door, rear storage access...

vv03560

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I am totally unhappy with the access to the rear storage/seating area in my "new" 2011, FordRanger XLT, 2 door, Extended Cab, 4.0L
I have had 3 other Ford Rangers, one other was an extended cab, 2 door, and I had no problem accessing the storage area behind the seats. But I do now..the seat base/slider doesn't seem to to forward as much as it could/should and the backrest doesn't seem to lean forward as much as it should/could. When I try to access the back area, my shoulders get stuck between the leaned over seat back and the side pillar. I went to a salvage yard yesterday and compared with a 1994 FR Extended Cab front seat. It looked like it bent forward about "6" inches more than my 2011 seat back does. AND, the track slider went forward about an inch more....
ANYBODY dealt with this problem and come up with a good answer ?

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Is this driver's side, passenger's or both? Many times 2-door vehicles are built so that the passenger's front seat slides and folds much farther forward than the driver's seat.

vv03560

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
It's both sides...

Both sides go forward the same...there is room up front for the passenger side to go another 6+ inches...the driver side about 5 inches...I am told there are air bags inside the seats...maybe that's one of the problems with the "lean forward" limitations...I am just not sure there is a solution...rat:icon_bounceblue:s...

vv03560

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
So I purchased a set of slides from a 2007 and messed with them for about a day...drilling stops and such....Not a good way to modify the slide mechanism..as there is a little ladder shaped roller strip on both sides..when you remove the stops, or re-place them, the strip may, can slide all the way out...If it wasnt for that, I got the slider to move 2 ⅝" further forward...I will probably blow this away and just buy a tote to carry in the bed...

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I have a 98 f150 extended cab. Access from the drivers side sucks too. Passenger side has third door, drivers does not. I also think the seat should move forward several more inches and lean forward more as well. I've thought about playing with the track but haven't got there yet. Why the Fcuk Ford didn't just keep using regular cab seats is beyond me. I'd think it'd be cheaper.

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
for the last year or 2 of Ranger production the seats were redesigned to meet the new rear crash safety regulations.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals