• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2wd coils swap 4wd coils?

grizzgreen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3 DOHC
Transmission
Automatic
i have a Mazda 2001 b2300 2wd would Ford ranger 4wd coils fit the same? or would i have to modify some things?

nb11

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
Newer 4wd rangers have torsion bars, not springs. Maybe 97 and older have coils, but I know they're different than the coils on my 2003 2wd. Go to a junkyard and measure some.

grizzgreen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3 DOHC
Transmission
Automatic
what about jeep xj coils , i heard they fit, not sure though if it would on mine

lethal-threat-b288

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
No, you have dual a-arm front Ifs. Look on eBay for a leveling kit, shouldn't b too expensive!

So ok not for him but what about my 96 2wd? How much lift would I get from that and the washer lift on the front?

pontiacfieroguy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989, rip1988
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 4cyl, rip 2.9v6
Transmission
Manual
Or go to a parts store and ask, or call them, or look up parts online.
when does it help to ask a parts store? i called autozone yesterday asking for a pair of ubolts that are 10 1/2 inches long for a 2.5inch wide spring and he kept asking what its for so i told him that its a 88 2wd ranger with some 2.5 blocks so he tells me ill have to bring in the old ubolts to match them up so i tell him that i need longer than the ones that are on it now and ask him if he can measure a couple sets and if they have the right ones ill swing by before work and pick them up so he tells me that he will get the gm and see if he knows and that dumb ass told me the same thing that i need to bring in my old bolts and match them up so i explain the situation to him that i need longer than stock so that i can add my blocks and he hung up on me.

end rant about morons at parts stores.

lethal-threat-b288

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
when does it help to ask a parts store? i called autozone yesterday asking for a pair of ubolts that are 10 1/2 inches long for a 2.5inch wide spring and he kept asking what its for so i told him that its a 88 2wd ranger with some 2.5 blocks so he tells me ill have to bring in the old ubolts to match them up so i tell him that i need longer than the ones that are on it now and ask him if he can measure a couple sets and if they have the right ones ill swing by before work and pick them up so he tells me that he will get the gm and see if he knows and that dumb ass told me the same thing that i need to bring in my old bolts and match them up so i explain the situation to him that i need longer than stock so that i can add my blocks and he hung up on me.

end rant about morons at parts stores.
This is why I learned to use the computers there, I go look up what I need, print the reciept and give it to a employe and say I need this get it for me! And its always better to know what you need and have b4 you go to the parts store!:icon_cheers:

grizzgreen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3 DOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Can u just buy lift coils n put them in with new shocks n add a leaf and be set? or is there more to it like adding other things

lethal-threat-b288

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
If u have a good job, fabtech has a 3 inch spindle lift. And throw a bolck under the axle and call it a day! But I don't think they make lift coils for that. Look on eBay for real. Search for 01 Mazda b2300 lift kit!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals